Directory Submission worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LbROldMember

Yellow Belt
I have seen people massively submitting there sites to Web Directories daily? I wonder why so intense submission to directories which have just born. They rarely have a PR0 and still? I don't find a point submitting to directories like that and wasting my time, I would prefer indeed subscription on 10 PR4-PR6 Web Directories which will really contribute me a PR? What are your views regarding this?

sueque

White Belt
I don't think it's worth it . A lot of deep links in the directory aren't even indexed by google. Now, if you're talking about DMOZ or the Yahoo Directory, then yes those are worth it :)

B

bizlegal

you may try using the deep link directories and yahoo directory. but it is not easy to get listed on the yahoo directory

Vip

White Belt
I think it is still worthed. I am buildin backlinks trough directories a lot and it works. You just need to ensure you post it in the right category and use keywords in the anchor text (title of the submission)

webcreationuk

Yellow Belt
I think it is still worthed. I am buildin backlinks trough directories a lot and it works. You just need to ensure you post it in the right category and use keywords in the anchor text (title of the submission)
How do you know they work? Are you seeing some significant serp changes for those anchors?

bizmedical

Yellow Belt
In summary, it is best to look before you leap. Mass submitting to directories adds little value these days to a search marketing campaign. Directory submission strategies have become more like mining for gold. Yes, there are some nuggets out there but you have to look hard for them. By applying the principles mentioned above, you'll have a better chance of getting value out of the directories you submit to.

J

Joseph Andrew

I think it is still worthed. I am buildin backlinks trough directories a lot and it works.

sbglobal

Yellow Belt
i will try using link directories and yahoo directory. but it is not easy to get listed on the yahoo and gmail and others but i have a directry "yourowdir.com" plz add this

K

katiediaz1

It is useful only if the directory stand for long.

HostMID

Yellow Belt
Submitting your web site to directories is not a waste of time, directories are a major source of free back links.

Last edited:

Dewie

White Belt
Its worth only if directory has minimum pr 3 and must valid pr.

Senaia

White Belt
Yes, its worth it.

You can submit to new directories for free. Many will close but some will become quality/paid one with time.

Just avoid directories networks run by few persons and hosted on few servers/vps's.

Robert20

Banned
Yea they are dfinately worth it, you just havt to know which directories to submit to, if you submit to nothing but low PR sites, you won't really see a change in the SERPs.
But if you submit to high PR directories then yea they are worth it
for anybody looking for a good directory to submit to
you can try
flysounds.com

It's the fastest web directory on the internet aimed at -other webmasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.