Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My 2 Cents Disadvantages Of Affiliate Marketing

Discussion in 'General Tips and Tricks of Affiliate Marketing' started by sunshine, Jan 14, 2016.

1. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Just like a coin, the affiliate marketing program has its obverse and reverse side and here I am going to share some disadvantages of affiliate marketing,
    1. Unscrupulous and dishonest merchants may arbitrarily close down programs without informing the affiliates and without paying commissions.
    2. Merchants may promise high commissions to attract new affiliates then drop commission rates after a week or two.
    3. Link hijackers can hijack affiliate links and get paid for the commissions instead.
    4. There are also false advertising, unlawful use of trade names, logos, or brands.

No matter the disadvantages, affiliate marketing still remains as one of the best ways to make money online.

2. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I honestly agree with all of what you've mentioned here @sunshine@sunshine, as I can relate my experience to that. Even from one of my contacts, he dropped my commission percentage after just few weeks in promoting his recurring product. To give you an idea, he originally gives me 20% commission on first purchase and 15% on repeat ones. After few weeks, my commissions dropped by 5% each and I stopped promoting. I can also relate that the products I promoted was closed down without affiliate notice too. But still, affiliate marketing is one of the best ways for me to make money online and until now it gets stronger, as long these disadvantages are no more.

3. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    The disadvantages of affiliate marketing are more than advantages. Hence, I would like to earn via Google Adsense.

4. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    If merchants drop their rates can we not leave them, Or we are bound to stay their. Could you please explain a bit more about it.

5. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    @Furqan Rashid Don't dis-heart. Its a part of game. But try to to contract with popular and reliable affiliate sites. I've mentioned some disadvantages of Affiliate Marketing but still this earning strategy is one of the best ways to earn money online.

6. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Yes It's the part of game. If you don't mind can I ask a question. Is affiliate marketing something like referral earnings.

7. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    Maybe they close your affiliate account because you violate their rules. If you find that you are being treated unfairly, you should ask them to state the reason clearly in the email. Before you sign up for an affiliate program, you should read reviews from other affiliate marketers so that you know which one is trustworthy.

8. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    If you go with affiliate marketing with any platform, they have certain criteria to handle affiliates online or anyway you are promoting stuff.

9. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    I am a newbie eager to learn more regarding Affiliate Marketing. Your thread is very informative. My logical doubt is that for every problem there should be a solution. As such, I believe there should be some remedial measures we can follow to neutralize the above disadvantages, though I am not good in this subject. If there are any such known solutions, you may kindly enlighten us.