DMOZ for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
who knows because DMOZ drives me crazy. I can not get a site approved or even responses back from them. 3 different times I have applied to be a reviewer and not been approved and told to reapply in a different category. it is so frustrating and in general I think they are an outdated and old school directory that no one puts much weight in anymore.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I have heard this story so many times, I don't even bother with DMOZ at all any more and my sites are doing well.

who knows because DMOZ drives me crazy. I can not get a site approved or even responses back from them. 3 different times I have applied to be a reviewer and not been approved and told to reapply in a different category. it is so frustrating and in general I think they are an outdated and old school directory that no one puts much weight in anymore.

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
I think when the PR ranking first got important and DMOZ was a PR8 it was important to be part of their list BUT since then there are hundreds of thousands of other high ranking sites you can trade links with or join, etc and get the similar benefits. Also, very few people use DMOZ to find sites anymore thanks to google and the 5 million other directories out there.

ljastangs21

Yellow Belt
The mods over at dmoz really screw things up. They accept their own sites but they wont accept anyone elses. I think its a good idea to sell.
:(

azeemi

White Belt
I think they haves very hard roles for indexing a website as every one know that Dmoz is a human edited directory so they check the website manually and select it for their database and because of their manually website testing and pipeline website crowding they takes long time for index a website.
and the q? about its selling. i think it is not a good idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.