Do all spyware have .exe extension or not really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ooen

Many spyware are said to use a lot of processor power and/or bandwidth, but as I check the list of executables running currently, I can't really find their names. Do all spyware have .exe extension or not really?

O

ovi

Hmmmm

Hard to answer, I think yes. But who knows... Anyway if you have a firewall I think that you will not have problems with the spyware.

Ovi

T

Tom

I beleive that the spyware files have extensions .dos, .file, .exe, .dll, and others.
Some of them edit the registry, so to get rid of them you have to boot in safe mode, edit the registry, get rid of all the files..
It really is a pain :p

H

HaRRo

Spyware can come in any executable or runnable file, i.e dll exe bat , and most of all if they are removed , theres usually another file waiting to redownload or restart it instantly!

Most run from the registry, besides software companies pay people around 20cents per spyware install, if they werent hard to remove , they wouldnt pay as much!

O

ovi

Hmm

HaRRo can you please explain this: "besides software companies pay people around 20cents per spyware install,"

Ovi

Status
Not open for further replies.