My 2 Cents Do You Believe In Life After Death?

sunshine

Blue Belt
I'd like to consider this question:" Do you believe in life after death?"
What is there to consider and why?
We are social animals and know well we should must die any time. Why would we think we are something special that deserves a better life after life?

Ramakrishnan

We cannot say whether there another life after death because it is something beyond our senses. Only those enlightened souls who have reached the superconscious levels may be able to answer this question, but not we, the ordinary human beings who cannot perceive beyond our senses. We do not have a complete knowledge about our present life; then how could we know anything about our next life?

…I am not concerned whether there is another life after death. My real concern is how I live this present life before my death!

jazzvaga

Every time we see our present, we think in another life, we will make it a better go or if we can get the moments back, we can then make it more better & there are lots of things that happen in the life of an individual, its not just for you or me, its for everyone :)

sunshine

Blue Belt
We cannot say whether there another life after death because it is something beyond our senses. Only those enlightened souls who have reached the superconscious levels may be able to answer this question, but not we, the ordinary human beings who cannot perceive beyond our senses. We do not have a complete knowledge about our present life; then how could we know anything about our next life?

…I am not concerned whether there is another life after death. My real concern is how I live this present life before my death!
@Ramakrishnan I respect your opinion. But we should have to believe the promises of the Quran and Bible that there is life after death—and that it lasts forever. Where we go after death is determined by the purity of our acts and the deeds we have done throughout our life span.

Ramakrishnan

@Ramakrishnan I respect your opinion. But we should have to believe the promises of the Quran and Bible that there is life after death—and that it lasts forever. Where we go after death is determined by the purity of our acts and the deeds we have done throughout our life span.
You are right @sunshine. All major religions in the world including Hinduism, Islam and Christianity believe in life after death. They tell us about the worlds of heaven and hell too, where we will go in the next life depending on our acts in this life. I really love those ideas because they motivate people to do good things in this life.

sunshine

Blue Belt
You are right @sunshine. All major religions in the world including Hinduism, Islam and Christianity believe in life after death. They tell us about the worlds of heaven and hell too, where we will go in the next life depending on our acts in this life. I really love those ideas because they motivate people to do good things in this life.
I appreciate your analysis that you've extracted the main lesson of thread to do good deeds in this world and avoid from sins.

bharath

Ohh, So if any fortune teller tells that you will reborn as a king in next life, do you end your life?
They were written, but not seen by anyone. As for Hindus it is same decision, but we all have an end according to the life written by God's
Do you know how to save your life?

krishatg

Content Writer
This is a big question of all time whether there is a life after death or not. Practically there is no answer to that and there is also no need to know that instead consider this life as an important one.I believe everyone takes birth to complete some important work in his life, to achieve some goals in life. So just understand that goals and fulfill the purpose of this life.

coolyfrost

I was raised Catholic, so I was taught the concept of life after death when I was a child. However, when I was around 10 years old, I stopped believing in that as certain personal events made me realize that God probably did not exist. I became atheist soon afterwards. Therefore, I do not believe in life after death as there seems to be no proof of its existence.

networld

As a matter of fact it is still uncertain if there is a life after death. Even though science has advanced a lot we are not even capable of revealing the secrets of death. We never know what happens after death. There is no medicine that can postpone or stop death. Even people who has near death experiences are not able to remember anything clearly except the presence of a highly glowing light and they were traveling through the light.

But if we go by holy books as @Ramakrishnan has rightly said we have to believe in life after death. Death is like just changing our clothes and it is a process of changing our physical body. Our next birth would be based on our deeds in the present life. So, it is very important to lead a honest and pure life.

sunshine

Blue Belt
I was raised Catholic, so I was taught the concept of life after death when I was a child. However, when I was around 10 years old, I stopped believing in that as certain personal events made me realize that God probably did not exist. I became atheist soon afterwards. Therefore, I do not believe in life after death as there seems to be no proof of its existence.
@coolyfrost The concept of life after death is a very powerful idea, even to people who you might otherwise think differently. You can't box all atheists together (not shockingly), most of the atheists have believe in an afterlife.

Ramakrishnan

@coolyfrost The concept of life after death is a very powerful idea, even to people who you might otherwise think differently. You can't box all atheists together (not shockingly), most of the atheists have believe in an afterlife.
You are right. Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, believed that interference of a god is not necessary for humans to attain the ultimate goal of life. Though he did not believe in god, he believed in rebirth. According to him, when our physical body dies, the forces and energies do not die but take birth in new bodies. Rebirth depends on our Karma (actions) in the present life.
……..And of course, everyone has the freedom to believe as per one’s own conscience and power of reasoning.

coolyfrost

I know that, I was just talking about myself as that was the point of the post :p . I believe more in science and what can be seen and explained. Of course other people have different points of views which is great and fine by me! Different people with different perspectives are some of the things that I enjoy the most in this world.

You are right. Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, believed that interference of a god is not necessary for humans to attain the ultimate goal of life. Though he did not believe in god, he believed in rebirth. According to him, when our physical body dies, the forces and energies do not die but take birth in new bodies. Rebirth depends on our Karma (actions) in the present life.
……..And of course, everyone has the freedom to believe as per one’s own conscience and power of reasoning.
Yes, Buddhism is a kind of atheist belief that includes a life after death element to it. When I was figuring out and discovering new religions during my childhood I took a good look at all of them. However, atheism without any sort of supernatural belief is what I agreed with the most. For me personally, it is just what feels the most right.

sunshine

Blue Belt
Your analysis may be right , but I don't agree with your last point "……..And of course, everyone has the freedom to believe as per one’s own conscience and power of reasoning." Because no body can show his/her real experience on afterlife ..... its a matter of believe only.

Ramakrishnan

Your analysis may be right , but I don't agree with your last point "……..And of course, everyone has the freedom to believe as per one’s own conscience and power of reasoning." Because no body can show his/her real experience on afterlife ..... its a matter of believe only.
I am not telling that we should depend on our real experience. Every person is unique and has one’s own perspectives on anything. He need not believe everything just because it is written in Holy Scriptures or it is a traditional belief followed by our ancestors through generations. One’s own conscience is the real adjudicator. I believe in that glory of individual Freedom.

challengewriter

Lara
Blue Belt
I'd like to consider this question:" Do you believe in life after death?"
What is there to consider and why?
We are social animals and know well we should must die any time. Why would we think we are something special that deserves a better life after life?
I have been raised to believe there is life after death, like either we go to hell or heaven, and the whole idea scares the life out of me, for somedays I am very good human being, following and abiding all laws of religion, before I start slacking again. I do not want to think much about it, so it is constantly at the back of my mind, the life I did live after I die.

networld

But I just wonder why some people are rich by birth while some others are really suffering even to have some food? Some people are very hard working and luck never favors them. Others just get more than what they deserve even if they lead a lazy life. I can't get an answer to this phenomenon and the only possible answer I could find is in life after birth. May be in their previous births they might have done something really good to get such a good life now. And for those suffering, they might have done something terrible to get such a miserable life.

sunshine

Blue Belt
I have been raised to believe there is life after death, like either we go to hell or heaven, and the whole idea scares the life out of me, for somedays I am very good human being, following and abiding all laws of religion, before I start slacking again. I do not want to think much about it, so it is constantly at the back of my mind, the life I did live after I die.
I m happy to hear your good thoughts life after death and being a good girl in this life, following all laws of religion and thinking about real next life after die.

challengewriter

Lara
Blue Belt
I m happy to hear your good thoughts life after death and being a good girl in this life, following all laws of religion and thinking about real next life after die.
What about you @sunshine, what do you think and belief about life after death? I am curious to hear your answer as I am very sure it will be thoughtful, deep and well thought out.

sunshine

Blue Belt
What about you @sunshine, what do you think and belief about life after death? I am curious to hear your answer as I am very sure it will be thoughtful, deep and well thought out.
@challengewriter BTW don't mind, I'm Muslim. Actually faith in life after death is one of the fundamental beliefs required of a muslim to complete his faith. Refusing it means all other beliefs meaningless. So I'm trying to be good, doing good and get rewards after death.