Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Do You Believe In Traffic Exchanges?

Discussion in 'General Marketing and Promotion' started by networld, Jan 25, 2016.

1. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I was keen to earn free ad credits from traffic exchanges in early days of my online earning career. But later I realized that traffic exchanges are of no use as the lead conversion rate is quite dismal. There are hardly any buyers in a traffic exchange site, but everybody is a seller. They are only focused on collecting free ad credits to sell their products or service. Most of them are not even bothered to see what is being advertised. It is not surprising why Google Adsense ban the use of traffic exchanges to promote sites. Google only wants organic traffic.

What is your experience with traffic exchanges, if any?

2. cortana

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    They are fine if you know what you're doing.

3. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Google Adsense Team banned using them for publishers. The main reason is non-standard traffic and hits from the people who are there just to advertise instead of getting any interest in the sites that are being advertised.

The traffic generated by them is totally spam, unhelpful, and malicious. So, it's advised to avoid.

4. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    If our mind was to make money with traffic exchanges, definitely we can get little results though but not enough. However, if we promote something in traffic exchanges, it would be worthless. I admitted that my best buddy is so addicted in traffic exchanges like TrafficSwirl, FroggyHits, BigBeachHits or so. What really motivates him is that he gets paid on these traffic exchanges, only a little though. But what he didn't realize that he spent too much on these sites and already considered a net loss for him. He is always at the internet cafe, spending less than a dollar just to earn tiny cents.

5. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    I don't know about the traffic exchange site that pays you just for surfing the sites. However, you can earn some credits to convert them into hits that will be provided on your site as a reward for your hard working. But the traffic received by these ways is worthless for sure.

6. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    Most of the famous traffic exchange sites pay users to surf sites, but the pay rate is really negligible. So it cannot be a good source of income. I think people use traffic exchanges to earn free ad credits. As you rightly pointed out the quality of traffic we get from traffic exchanges is worthless and the lead conversion rate could be zero most of the times.

People hardly listen to what is being advertised there like in a PTC. Their only motive is to earn free ad credits to advertise their own products and services. There are no buyers, but only sellers.

7. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    They might be paid to surf programs, but not pure traffic exchange sites. Ive been with Traffic Swarm to promote few of the PTC sites and their conversation rate is good, but it was a long time ago.
    The traffic is waste for our sites, except the change in Alexa and if we use Adsense then ban is the way to go.

8. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    If the number is important to you, for example, 1000 views for the article, or 5000 views for that matter, Traffic Exchange seems to work. However, the traffic from Traffic Exchange is just a number, the visitors do not care what is being viewed. Furthermore, ad networks also hate traffic Exchange.

9. patrickkenyi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    Using traffic exchanges to earn traffic is nearly completely worthless. I used a traffic exchange website for a while and as you pointed out, everyone is keen on getting credits for clicking on the ads without having a genuine interest. I only got one conversion after having my banners clicked on over a thousand times.

10. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    I'm also not a fan of traffic exchanges as I simply think they don't work. As a method for earning the pay isn't worth clicking on the ads, and using them to advertise your site your not getting decent traffic, so it's pointless on both counts in my opinion.

11. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    I am not a fan of traffic exchanges. I never got any results from using them in the past. There are way better ways to get traffic then traffic exchanges.

12. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    Absolutely, using traffic exchanges for getting referrals is sheer waste of time. You are selling products or service to a group of people who are there to sell their own items. Most of them would not be interested in what you advertise there. I think the popularity of traffic exchanges is reducing day by day. You can see them offering big discounts and even rewards in return for using their site. I think there is a low demand for traffic exchanges as people are aware of its effectiveness. That is a good sign as they can invest their time somewhere else.

13. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Traffic exchange is still effective and selling on Internet. But when you are going to purchasing mass traffic form anywhere you need to stop monetized your website and blog.
    If you are going to purchase traffic exchange with stop in monetization your adsence account is might be blocked.

14. Dennt

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    When to stop monetizing the blog and when to start if I will practice traffic exchange? I'm afraid to be blocked. If I get blocked this if for a while or forever? Thank you a lot for your answers.