• No, I never find anything wrong to complain about

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

odls

Yellow Belt
How are you at complaining?

If you have a poor meal at a restaurant do you say anything to the waiter?

If you buy a product and it wasn't in perfect condition, would you take it back to where you bought it from?

I remember complaining years ago when I bought some peas in a tin (mushy peas if I remember correctly) and we found an insect inside.

I contacted the company, and they asked me to send the insect to them, which I did. I received some vouchers for free products as a form of recompense.

Anyway, a few days ago I got a multipack of crisps, (cheese and onion, though the flavour in this story is irrelevant).

They are called 'baked' crisps, and one of the advertising features is that they have 70% less fat. When my daughter opened a pack she found about 10 crisps inside, and they probably took up about half the space of the bag. Let's face it crisps aren't cheap anymore.

So, I emailed the company who made the crisps and told them that I'm not surprised there's 70% less fat, as there seemed to me to be 70% less crisps inside the bag.

I get an email back from their customer service department asking me for the 'sell by date' and a couple of codes off the crisp packet, which I gave them by reply.

They also asked me for my address so they could reimburse me. Hopefully that won't just mean one packet of crisps, or 30 pence.

I'll have to wait and see, but I'll keep this thread updated to let you know how I've gone on.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
The option I would have loved to choose is not there, I don't complain because nothing gets done.
One recent example is a dongle I bought from carephone warehouse (I like to think of them as whore house) the dongle never worked from day one, I got pushed from pillar to post until the 30 day exchange thing expired.... after that I was told they cannot help.

I did manage to get my money back via my credit card company luckily.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
I would imagine that more so than ever before companies have to do all they can to keep their customers happy. There are precious few around to give them business.

I went for option3 - Yes, rarely 'cos I don't find much wrong

odls

Yellow Belt
They also asked me for my address so they could reimburse me. Hopefully that won't just mean one packet of crisps, or 30 pence.

I'll have to wait and see, but I'll keep this thread updated to let you know how I've gone on.
As promised here's an update-

In today's post I receved a letter from the crisp company apologising about there being less product than there should have been. The factory will be notified of my complaint. And (the important thing), I got 2 x £2 vouchers to go buy some more of their products.

I'm happy enough with that. Complaining was definitely worthwhile. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.