Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Suggestion Do you have a youtube account for your business?

Discussion in 'Other Social Networks' started by sunshine, Dec 13, 2015.

1. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Many companies have not yet set up an account with YouTube for their web based companies and this can be missed opportunity. If you have been thinking about setting up an account for your business but have not done yet, so you may want to get on it as quickly as possible.
    Consider this, if you were offered the chance to make a free commercial that would be shown on television, would you think twice about it? You are actually given the opportunity to do just free on YouTube only you are the one who makes the videos and posts on them on the site.
    The main thing is to have some fun while showing of your products, business and brand.
    It is also important to get more views on your videos so that you can improve your SEO ranking. The more views that you have on your videos, the higher your page ranking will go on Google.

2. Zak

Zak
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +29 / -0
    This is such a valid point, thanks for posting. Youtube is social media and also keep in mind everything Youtube has, Google has access to it much more openly compared to Google having access to facebook data behind the scenes. Having any social media plays a big role in SEO, some aspect help in your search engine ranking whereas other aspects help with generating traffic.

I am going to write a more detailed post on social media in SEO here when I get time to write very soon. But for now I would like to say that having a Youtube channel with regularly uploaded videos is a good way to engage your audience and bring traffic and potential customers to your website. Google and Bing use social media presence in different ways and I will explain that in more detail in my future post. Both Google and Bing, still look at social media positively and it is vital for any serious business to have a youtube profile to create a social media buzz about their products or services.

You may think your company's products have no relation to Youtube videos, but you are mistaken. Every product or service, I repeat, every product or service can have presence on Youtube and benefit from it. If you sell books, your Youtube videos can be about the latest books, top authors of the month, top sellers of the month, snippets about the books, introductions, comparisons and the list goes on and on. If you sell software, your youtube videos can be HELP videos showing how to use your software, introductory videos explaining WHY to use your software, discussion videos showing how your software compares with its competitors and the list goes on.

3. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Businesses while seem to have a page on most social media sites, YouTube does seem to be the one that they ignore. While I think setting up a YouTube page, and more importantly maintaining it, does require more work than say a Facebook and Twitter page, I do think it's important to have a page on their also and the time and effort is worth it in the long run.

4. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Hi all,
    Just want to share few more points;
    Below are some reasons why your company should have a YouTube account immediately.
    Generates New Business
    Not any company or brand ever said they don’t need a way to generate more sales or that they have enough audience on their website. By uploading videos, you can do all of this if you are smart about the videos you post. Consider the commercial time; you wouldn’t want to watch a commercial that is too lengthy so make sure you consider this when posting your videos for your business.
    Boost Your Customer Service Efforts
    You can also use YouTube as a way to offer better customer service to those who may need it.
    It is also important to get more views on your videos so that you can improve your SEO ranking.
    Q & A Sessions are Awesome
    You can ask your viewers to send in their questions, so you can create videos of you answering their questions.
    This is a great way to get a lot of unique views on your videos.

5. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    I do agree with them points and they're certainly reasons to have a presence on YouTube. Like I said in my previous comment though, YouTube does demand a lot more work than other social media sites so I'm thinking that's why a lot of businesses tend to shy away from having a page on there.

6. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    Once you uploaded your video to YouTube, you must start to promote it so that it can get a lot of views. One way to get more YouTube views is to post your video as video response by clicking on the create a video response link next to the comment box in popular video in your niche. Collaborating with other YouTubers to create a video can also help you to get more subscribers and fans.

7. MyDigitalpoint

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +17 / -0
    For mid-size and large companies, having a YouTube business account is a must, same as it would be for small companies handling multimedia content (let's say, selling online course) or individual that equally need multimedia exposure (suppose someone engaged in webinars)

However for an average, small business project, having a business channel would be advisable, but probably non affordable, whether in money investment or time spent to create multimedia content. We must keep in mind that many online companies are made of one-man band, or 2-3 individuals trying to carry out a money-making project.

Having presence is social media is as must today for anyone wanting to succeed on the web, however I would say that YouTube should only be considered for immediate inclusion when the project is targeting to YouTube users, otherwise it's better to build a loyal followers base using Facebook or Twitter first.

8. Cleveland Williams

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +7 / -0
    YouTube is a great place to promote your product or service. In my opinion, it is the most important of all the social media websites. The trick is to promote yourself on YouTube advertising something that you are passionate about and have a general interest in. Some good advice is to make sure your name ALL of your social media accounts are the same name, example; XYZ FaceBook Page, XYZ Twitter, XYZ Instagram, XYZ YouTube, XYZ SnapChat etc.

The power that YouTube has is that you can easily take advantage of a Generation's impatience with time. There is a great opportunity for you to reach MILLIONS or BILLIONS of people who do not want to take the time to read your advertisement, but if your visuals are compelling enough, may take 1-3 minutes to watch your video. Make sure you invest in quality video recording and editing so when people are watching your video, they click the "subscribe" "like" and "share" buttons. Not only does this increase the chances of getting your product or service sold, if you generate enough consistent views (I'm assuming hundreds of thousands) YouTube can and will actually pay you! Over the years, your video views will grow along with your brand awareness.

9. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    While I do understand the importance that video can have over text based advertising, even though YouTube as a massive user base, I'm still not sure if a page or comment on Facebook or Twitter won't have a bigger effect.

Many people I know on YouTube will try and avoid advertising pages if they can and will press skip as soon as they can in the auto play adverts that are placed on some videos.

With that in mind, you want your business to get known for its good features, not just because it's that annoying advertising that's keeps popping up that people refuse to watch.

10. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    I have seen a lot of business pages on YouTube, I believe a high number of business have come to start using YouTube, especially in my country, it started a year ago and it is spreading like quick-fire, but a lot of brand names have YouTube channels, that I have come across, even small enterprises.

11. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    YouTube does serve a purpose, and it can attract attention. Just like I've commented before, I think for a small business it can take more time updating it and making sure it's got the right content, than sometimes it a worth.

The larger brands of course won't have to do it all themselves and they'll have out of house freelancers to control that side of things.

12. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I have a youtube accout, however, my youtue channel is for personal sharing. having said that I am also considering to create a youtube business account. I want to create interesting videos and try to earn by adsense, or promote my contents via youtube video and attract traffic ti my cocntents. I also want to pormote my books via youtube video

13. butterfly

White Belt

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    When considering Youtube, I've always been concerned with the fact that I don't know how to make a quality video, and I worry that a low quality video would do more harm than good, regardless of the content. Am I wrong? Any thoughts on this?

14. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    I have a Youtube account but it is only for personal uses. I have never tried creating any videos for marketing purposes. Creating unique video of something people haven't done before may be the key to generating views on YouTube.

15. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    I have tried adding up videos to promote products and having a Youtube account is really helpful in increasing and retaining clients. It is also a good way to promote a business since most of the customers love visuals but videos should also be accompanied with good audio to also involve those with hearing impairment.

16. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Not necessary to do business by adding videos on YouTube. Just for building your community you can add videos of your taste on YouTube account to share them. May be future you have a plan to operate your YouTube video account for business plans.

17. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    Improve your business strategies with the help of your YouTube account. Simply post videos containing your products or services. It is easy and saves your client’s time from reading about the company.

18. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    I think everybody have YouTube account. But everybody not post video on YouTube. Due to not have any Resin. but you have a business any type online offline then you have a good resin to post your business ads videos on YouTube and promote your business.
    on YouTube have so much crowed your business growth increase when you post your business related videos.

19. Asiah

Asiah Money Making Ideas Online UAE, UK, USA
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    Yes many people have youtube business account because youtube is the best social site to promote your business with the millions of peoples.