Do you put watermarks on your pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenseiDesign

Yellow Belt
yes I do everytime I upload something. People are stealning so much online you really need to. They even use personal photos. For eg. photo of shomoney holding his google check is used for advetising a scammers website without a permission so be carefull and always add watermarks

A

AnneM

Yes, I'm putting watermarks on my pictures to avoid any trouble because some people are claiming other's photos as their own pictures.

J

joomla

Some how can say it ruins the picture, but mostly it is used as signature

O

oddstake

sometimes i do watermarking whenever i'm making the picture some abstract form, or when experimenting and making some effects on the picture!

smartadspace

White Belt
I don't now, but as i'm starting to do more I think I should. I think it is a good idea to prevent people from ripping you off and claiming your work as their own. Just make sure you save a copy on your hard drive WITHOUT the watermark, and you'll have it in case you want to make prints or submit it professionally.

J

Jenie0109

i really hate those people who steal... no originality at all and they have the gutts to copy or edit someones work.. its just not right.

J

jacky

It will help you in case of copying images form your site.I recommend it.

H

homebizseo

If I send a photograph for a client to approve I put a big copyright symbol over the important parts of the image. I do not want my work stolen.

Show me the $$$$$

A

anurdh65

yes i do every time i upload [pictures my opnion we can get good clarity

M

meenu

Yes, I do that always. I dont think it ruins the photgraph
meenu
(Contenta Converter)

peaceful_soul

White Belt
Watermarks are no good if you are trying to sell those pictures. Nobody buys watermark images. But if you like to save your pictures from stealing, It is good idea.

M

meenu

I do water mark my photographs. I am not comfortable with online tools where one has to upload the snaps to watermark. I am not comfortable with that concept. Thankfully contenta converter that I use for conversion and processing also has this feature and has the feature to select the transparency level. I don't think water mark can ruin your snap. It is one of the best ways to protect your snap

Aquarezz

Yellow Belt
If it's shot myself? Yes. People can buy it without watermark, but I don't want it to be widely used if it's my property ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.