Do you still submit to directories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Do you still submit your site to web directories?
We all know what search engines, google in particular think of web directories, I was just wondering wether despite that you still submit your sites to web directories, if yes, what are you yardsticks for judging how good a web directory is?

Quite a few web directory owners have abandon their web directory after it was PR0 by Google, a few are still creating web directories but not as much as we used to see a year or so ago.

What do you think about this?

Luq

Yellow Belt
I dont know what to do with my directories again, after Google removed the PR from my directories. But I still submitted my sites to some directories with PR and good Alex ranking.

Hunter1

White Belt
I had a few directories that lost the PR but people still purchase from them. I also had a few that gained PR so it is not the directories but rather something else that killed the PR in the few directories. I am researching that.

Me?

I still submit to directories and from all of the recent testing that I have been doing, they still get the job done as part of getting great term positions.

I am still a 100% believer in directories for sure!

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Do you get significant SEO result from your directory submissions?

I had a few directories that lost the PR but people still purchase from them. I also had a few that gained PR so it is not the directories but rather something else that killed the PR in the few directories. I am researching that.

Me?

I still submit to directories and from all of the recent testing that I have been doing, they still get the job done as part of getting great term positions.

I am still a 100% believer in directories for sure!

joduee

White Belt
I'm also submitting directories. And I'm getting seo results aslo. I don't know what is drawback directory submission.

medirectory

Banned
still believe in directories

yes, I still believe in submitting directories. It somehow help in link building and getting some direct traffic.

Just sharing these free useful directories @ links.lacartes.com/link_directory_list.html

Last edited:

RiverWire

Yellow Belt
I havent for along time now, although i still believe that they do help a little , i prefer to submit to directorys that are over a year old. The chances are if you get accepted in to a directory that is over a year old its more likely to actually stay online imo

F

fastreplies

I havent for along time now, although i still believe that they do help a little , i prefer to submit to directorys that are over a year old. The chances are if you get accepted in to a directory that is over a year old its more likely to actually stay online imo
Lets just say that directory is the only friend new site owner has and without directories those sites would be dead in SERPs on arrival

Good or bad directory subject is totally different story but because any directory will give you backlink, they are solid members of Internet Community

;)

fastreplies

baloch

White Belt
yes and because it helps search engines to recognize your site and once it is listed in search results then the rest is up to quality content.

miccharlys

Banned
In my opinion submitting to directories are still valuable and important it is a great way of providing qualified back links to you

K

KAINSMONEY

Im just found out about it , seems like an extra tool to improve your site , i agree , take some time to get your site approve it but worth the wait .

W

womanSun

I dont know what to do with my directories again, after Google removed the PR from my directories. But I still submitted my sites to some directories with PR and good Alex ranking.
what directories are you submitting? Can you give me the list?

J

juanaballerina

everything have excess and deficiency. I don think a change is terminator....hahaha

muqtada123

Banned
Directories submission is important technique in link building. And you also have traffic from there. Any one can not disagree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.