Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Do You Use Any Spell Checker While Writing Articles?

Discussion in 'Content and Copywriting' started by networld, Jan 21, 2016.

1. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    As you know there is a large number of free spell checkers available on net. Some of them can even check the style of usage and also recommend the possible alternatives in case of poor usage. I heard of an online spell checker called Ginger. It will also check usage style and come up with possible suggestions.

Is there any other better English usage checker available on net? Basically I am looking for a free version.

2. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Google Docs underlines misspelled words in red. That should be all you need.

3. cortana

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    There's usually a spell checker built into every editor these days.

You pretty much always use a spell checker and you do not have to use another website or service for it.

Even most modern smart phones have spell check built in.

Spell check is built into almost everything now.

4. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    For me, I use Microsoft Word or Google Docs to write my content. They have a built-in spell checker which executes automatically when it detects a word that isn't correct in spelling. Almost every writing platform that you see in the internet right now has a built-in spell checker. I also use PaperRater sometimes to check both my spelling and grammar as well. But for me, I think it is not necessary anymore to use third party spell checkers in the internet. We already have that in our common tools like the MS Word, Google Docs and so on. Just my two cents.

5. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I do heard about Ginger and I will try to use it. But what I am using to check my spelling is MS Word. I use it to write my articles and it will be underlined with red or green one if spelling is wrong. It is the most available one to check the spelling.

6. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    I use MS Word to write my articles. Once I complete my article I use the ‘spelling & grammar’ option of MS Word and correct the spelling and grammar of the content. It is a good tool inbuilt in MS Word and I think I need not depend on any other spell checker.

7. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    Yes this is the best way if you are having problem writing articles. Microsoft word will help you suggest spelling mistake, sentence error, Grammar mistakes, space error. But OP if you still want to use other tools, you can go for PaperRater as Cheezcarls suggested or you can use polish my writing online tool. Both are good.

8. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I have used Ginger, it checks grammar and spelling. However, there is no use to use other spell checker because you already have inbuilt spell checker on your word program. If you don't trust microsoft, you can use google doc.

9. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    I am using the Microsoft word for the writing the article. In the Microsoft word take automatically spell check and provide the correct word

10. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    I guess the misspelled words are automatically underlined in red whether you are writing it on google or in MS word.

11. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    I do use just the basic spell checkers but that's mainly only if I'm writing in either UK or American English depending on where the article will be seen and published.

While only a few words do differ, it's enough for people to notice and you can get the odd few comments about a mispelt article when in fact it's not at all.

12. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    You are right. The misspelled words are automatically underlined in red and if there is any grammar mistakes, those phrases will be automatically underlined in green colour. It reminds our carelessness and helps us to rewrite it in an alternative way. If we are sure that we are right, we can just ‘ignore’ the suggestion of the inbuilt spelling & grammar checker.

13. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Personally, I don't think there ever is a better spell checker then just you re-reading what you have written. Of course that isn't very practical with very long texts, but it is the best way to ensure that you have a great quality article with a clear and fluid context.

14. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I feel there is no need of any spell checker as almost all editors provide you the facility. However if you feel the necessity putting them on word pad probably gives you the best service according to your choice of US or UK version of English spellings.

15. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    Yes, I agree with you that there is an online spell checker you can find anywhere with any sites. But what I am actually looking for a package that can really help us change our writing style. Ginger can do that to some extent. It even recommends the most suitable alternatives to a sentence after checking online. That will be really helpful for a non-English speaking person.

16. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    Microsoft Word Document has its own spell checker. It is best to proofread the article yourself or have someone else proofread it for you to check for spelling and grammar mistakes. This is because the spell checker will miss some spelling and grammer mistakes in the article.

17. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Exactly, the best way to actually have an article with the most fidelity is if you proofread it yourself. If you are stuck on a word that you would like to confirm as correct or not, just go to Google and type the word and if it's written wrong it will tell you. Besides that I don't think that spell checkers are good, in my opinion.

18. Asifur Rahman Rakib

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +109 / -0
    Microsoft word document has own spell checker.Also you can use smallseotools.com .There have spell checker tool.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    If you are using Microsoft Word's spell checker and use several different languages at a time, please take note that you must select the language which you want it to correct. It may seem obvious, but sometimes I forget and I waste a couple of minutes trying to figure out what's wrong.

20. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    I use Microsoft Word 2010 and once i finish the writing work. I just click on review from the top menu and select spelling and grammar. It is more than i want.
    however, red marks come itself if your spelling is wrong.