Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Do You Use Any Spell Checker While Writing Articles?

Discussion in 'Content and Copywriting' started by networld, Jan 21, 2016.

1. tipstechtut

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    I use Microsoft word, it gives red dot dot Line if spelling is wrong. And you can see synonyms too clicking right mouse click. I had used ginger before in my office for writing. It is good software. You can instal in your pc too. I never used google doc..will see how it works. Yes you can use smallseotools too. I saw there is option for that.

#21 tipstechtut, Jan 24, 2016 at 9:27 AM
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  2. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    It's probably the best available spell checker. I also did the same after writing any article for my clients. I guess almost every website on internet have auto spell checker that can detect the misspelled words.

3. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    I agree that it's important to re-read what you've written before submitting it, but even then there are times when you misspell certain words and for the amount of time it takes to run a spell checker, it is also worth doing as one small final step.

4. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    A review of what you wrote is always advised to do. While doing the review you may come up with new ideas which can add life to your article. I re-read my articles more than once every time before it is published on Internet. Sometimes it may not be possible to find out wrong usage or words, but a second review would be helpful to a great extent. Always try to go through the article from a visitor's point of view.

5. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    I use MS word's inbuilt spell checker. However, I follow the Chicago Style Guide religiously, mainly because my writing style was already pretty close to what that guide recommends. But, I don't think online tools are needed for this stuff.

6. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    The only spell checker I use is the feature in Microsoft word. But I only use spell checker when writing long articles particularly short stories that I enter into contests. With my posts in forums, I don't usually use the spellchecker since it is only short and visual checking seems enough (although admittedly errors in spelling and grammar occasionally occur). Ironically, I always advise the young (especially the participants of writing workshops) that they should be careful with the spelling and grammar.

7. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Yes, I guess you have a point. There more safeguards we use against mispelling the better. The most important thing is to try and make the highest fidelity articles that you possibly can. I have heard that "Grammarly" is quite a good spell checker that you can use. Might want to check that out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I think the more time you spend on reviewing your article before publishing it on net, the more ideas you will get. But you need to stop at some point and move on. Using a good spelling and English language usage checker could be really handy in such situations. It could save a lot of time and drastically reduce the occurrence of errors before publishing it. Once your blog is published online, it would be open before the whole world. So, it is better to proof read and make it completely error free.

@coolyfrost, thanks for the suggestion. I too heard about 'Grammarly', will definitely give it a try.

9. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    Why to bother with other programs when you can get spelling and grammar checker for free with your word program. Grammar checker may not be accurate on word program, but it detects grave mistakes. If you want to use a professional service try Garmmarly.

10. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I have never used any spell checker as the red line under the word tells it all and if I am writing on word, they even suggest the grammar use. I think these functions help us a lot in staying away from typos unless it's something like their in place of there.

11. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Exactly! You'll just right-click on the word and it will show the right spelling. In some writing sites and even forum sites, misspelled words automatically gets underlined with red which is notifying the writer to change the spelling.

12. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Spell checker is inbuilt in mostly every editor,there is a red line appears below the word,if it's spelling is incorrect.
    But if you talking about special spell checker tools then Microsoft word is the best among all.
    It also gives more other features like synonyms,antonyms of that word.

In article writing Spell checker plays an important role,So,prefer Microsoft word for good and error-less articles.

13. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    In fact, I do it twice once when I am writing I keep a close watch on my text and then when I post I double check it on editor's spelling check so I don't need a separate spell checker otherwise.

14. patrickkenyi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    I use this method too. I've always found it very effective and normally, it's all I need in terms of reviewing my work before posting. Occasionally, I may use Google to find alternatives for some words or phrases but generally Microsoft Word 2010 is good enough for me.

15. suzzi winget

White Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    You don't need to download any spell checker... GOOGLE DOCS is sufficient as it already underlines the words which is written wrong that is spelled wrong..
    and i use word for writing articles and in word red line come same as in google docs which shows that the words has been written wrong..so you can correct it by selecting that word and then right click..
    so this is enough for spelling correction..

16. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I have noticed that MS Word 2007 is providing suggestion if you err at any point using similar words with different meaning too. Like if you misspell THERE for THEIR it would provide you a suggestion and if the construction of the sentence is wrong it suggests you the right construction.

17. Lecitia

Lecitia New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    When I submit my papers, I use Grammarly. It is very simple to use and I really like it. I use it while I type out mails too. It's very easy to install the software in your browser or word

18. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    I regularly use Microsoft word to check out my spelling and grammar. I also remember using grammar checker websites just to make sure that everything I've written is good for posting.

19. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    There are many types of spell checkers are available online or offline. But some of them are very good but some are poor.
    i am always using google translator for checking spell. it's very good than the other spell checker, i also recommend you.

20. Pooja Sharma

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    Whenever I write anything I prefer using Google Docs of Microsoft Word they have got in built spell checker so I can correct my words without using any software and I saw above the description of Ginger. I did not find it effective because it is a grammar checker software and do not correct it that efficiently. You would hardly require spell checker because in most websites the content space is given an inbuilt spell checker.