Does Facebook advertisement work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evgeniy

Yellow Belt
Many marketers say about ineffective Facebook advertisement. And now this bushing continues. Martin Sorrell, CEO of huge advertising giant WPP said that biggest social network is great for branding, but not advertising. Facebook spent about $200 million on advertising but the results are very doubtful. Many users use it only for branding instead of advertising. Last year General Motors pulled $10 million in Facebook advertising but stopped it because of ineffective results.

Does anyone advertise in Facebook? And what benefits did you get?

Alex

Yellow Belt
I'd say Facebook's advertising platform works great with smaller countries and markets where people are still able to pay a cent or two per click, and therefore generate a lot of visitors without having to pay a lot. It's certainly "brand awareness" since you're usually unable to target someone who is searching for something specific like you would with Google's AdWords.

I guess everything has its own purpose in the end. I wouldn't overlook Facebook ads but I wouldn't expect them to do miracles either.

Experimentation and effective tracking is key as always.

Marc

Yellow Belt
Does anyone advertise in Facebook? And what benefits did you get?
Nah! I don't give FaceBook any of my money, heh. Heck, I canceled my FaceBook account (but that's a totally different story..).

@Alex - well said.
Although for small countries, there are better and more effective marketing techniques. I'd prefer some of my own ideas over FaceBook ads any day.

yes facebook advertisement can create instant backlinks
What?

expertseo

White Belt
Yes Facebook advertisement works, because of Facebook is most Popular Social networking sites it is a better platform to promote your business.

Marc

Yellow Belt
Yes Facebook advertisement works, because of Facebook is most Popular Social networking sites it is a better platform to promote your business.
Of course it works by getting you traffic but what's important is how many sales you've gotten from that traffic flow.

ilona27

Yellow Belt
This discussion is drifting a little of topic. This is an interesting question that i've looked into it a bit. From what I understand FB is not the best place to sale your product from. For advertisement and traffic it's great, but as some of the others pointed out, very few people actually buy something.

Evgeniy

Yellow Belt
Hi to all.....
Facebook works get instant back-links and generate great traffic for your website.... :)
Maybe you are right with great traffic but Facebook advertisement doesn't give you instant back-links.

hollymaxted

Yellow Belt
Hello
As now a days facebook is the most popular social networking site, here you will get all the person related to your business, society and all. So if you are doing a business then search the people related to your requirement and start work processes.

Hope you understand.

I'd say Facebook's advertising platform works great with smaller countries and markets where people are still able to pay a cent or two per click, and therefore generate a lot of visitors without having to pay a lot.

addnetit

White Belt
Facebook advertisement

Yes, facebook advertisement works very well for new website. It helps new domain for creating rapo with their potential customer.

Danielmartin040

Yellow Belt
Facebook Ads are targeted according to your Facebook Profile information: Your age, location, education, relationship status, interests like favorite movies, music and much more are available to advertisers that can access to aggregate data and reach the right audience for their ads.

Nittish Sharma

Yellow Belt
Of Course, Facebook Advertisement works. It generates traffic on our website, Increase facebook business page visibility to our targeted users, build quality backlinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.