Does sitemap helps in Ranking of a site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafsoh

Yellow Belt
I know submitting sitemap will help the bot crawl your site better, but will sitemap help to boost index and ranking for new site? I mean a new site that do not have any page index by search engine.

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
It wont initially but as you add pages it can only help. I always recommend having one. No reason not to.

azeemi

White Belt
[FONT=&quot]Basically submitting sitemap will help to indexing pages by a search engine because as you know submitting sitemap will help the bot crawl your site better, so there is 100% chance for indexing new pages and it is right that it helps in indexing the pages of a new website.[/FONT]

LeilaDee

White Belt
It will only help your rankings if all of your pages are optimised well enough - because the sitemap tells the bots which pages to index and spider as stated above.

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
It will only help your rankings if all of your pages are optimised well enough - because the sitemap tells the bots which pages to index and spider as stated above.
that is true. i normally tell people to add one at a bare minimum so they learn about inner linking of pages and how everything should flow from one page to the next within their site.

C

cawn011

Yup it will help you by submitting your site maps url to search engines, for faster crawling of sites...

odls

Yellow Belt
Further information about sitemaps here-

Sitemaps are an easy way for webmasters to inform search engines about pages on their sites that are available for crawling. In its simplest form, a Sitemap is an XML file that lists URLs for a site along with additional metadata about each URL (when it was last updated, how often it usually changes, and how important it is, relative to other URLs in the site) so that search engines can more intelligently crawl the site.
I'm getting mine updated to the latest version on my sites.

pandiyarajan

White Belt
Yes, the sitemap help to indexing pages in search engine. It helps in indexing the pages of a new website...

Also it will help to boost index and ranking for new websites...

Status
Not open for further replies.