Domain age and search engine rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luq

Yellow Belt
I have a domain name which is not more than 4 month old, I have bee trying to get the website to the top of Google since day one, but not on the 5th page of Google up till now. Than I was told that a website must be at least one year old before it can reach #1 in google, other agree that this is taken into consideration but isn't so important.

Share your view on this issue...

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Other factors includes:
* Which other sites are competing for the same keywords, for example if you are competition with BBC or other huge authority site you have a hard competition in front of you.
* Contents of the site, is it original and fresh?
* Link building, are you getting links to point to it from quality sites?

YooHee

Yellow Belt
I have a domain name which is not more than 4 month old, I have bee trying to get the website to the top of Google since day one, but not on the 5th page of Google up till now. Than I was told that a website must be at least one year old before it can reach #1 in google, other agree that this is taken into consideration but isn't so important.

i think you need more link building and also

your keywords are too competitive so it's hard to rank to #1 spot :D

regmac

Yellow Belt
YooHee said it, your keywords are too competitive so I would suggest first that you do keyword research (this will help you find those alternative keywords (less competitive but highly used)).. After that, take top 5 competitor sites for those keywords and analyze what they're doing.. You may get some hints, answers to your questions, and can formulate a unique plan through this.. (remember buddy, you just need to do the same thing your competitors are doing to one up them...) And don't lose hope instead think.. Cheers!

Well, domain age is one of the many factors that Google and other SEs consider in their result page but it doesn't mean that if you're going to have young domain age is you're going to have poor rankings. What I mean is, websites with young domain age can still beat websites with old domain age. It depends on the competition in the targeted keywords and some off-page and on-page factor.

lailascott

Yellow Belt
believe me my friend, you don't have to wait till you site reach a year older before you rank in search engine. hardwork on link building and patience in waiting is all you need. do social bookmarking, forum postings, article submission and blog commenting everyday - these methods will surely help you rank in search engines.

believe me my friend, you don't have to wait till you site reach a year older before you rank in search engine. hardwork on link building and patience in waiting is all you need. do social bookmarking, forum postings, article submission and blog commenting everyday - these methods will surely help you rank in search engines.
Yep, those methods might help him/her but targeting the most appropriate keywords for his/her will definitely plays an important factor that can affect his/her sites SERPs rankings. :)

K

katherinej

On page is the main factor to optimise for every keywords. These can be done only by the brainstorming.

lailascott

Yellow Belt
Yep, those methods might help him/her but targeting the most appropriate keywords for his/her will definitely plays an important factor that can affect his/her sites SERPs rankings. :)
i think link building and targeting the most appropriate keyword should not be separated with each other. these two must be combined and helping each other. and if we target keywords, not just an ordinary keywords. we must make sure that the keywords that we are targeting should be competitive to be more effective in gaining high traffic.

Last edited:
i think link building and targeting the most appropriate keyword should not be separated with each other. these two must be combined and helping each other. and if we target keywords, not just an ordinary keywords. we must make sure that the keywords that we are targeting should be competitive to be more effective in gaining high traffic.
Well I guess, all SEO techniques are co-related with one another though they have different goals. I mean, we can easily gain high rankings using less competitive keywords but those keywords should be related with our website and the information regarding those keywords should be found in our website or else, high rankings would be useless.

111host

It depends on your site content and the keyword that a person is used to search it.

rakesh_iseo

Yellow Belt

If you have a website whose keywords traffic is very high then it will take 7-12 months to top in Google, 4 months time is not so big. SEO is the only process which takes a lot of time for top position in major SE. Always do quality work and you will win one day.

W

webseo

Domain age is not an important factor for your case as i think. I think they have worked more for their website so they get better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.