Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Domain name renewal after expiration

Discussion in 'Domain and SSL Registrar Issues' started by PrashantD, Dec 14, 2015.

1. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    I had a domain which expired a few days ago and I'm thinking about the time I have to renew without paying any redemption fee. Is it transferable to any other registrar in that period? The domain was not that important so I'll ignore the domain if the redemption fee is high. What I also want to know is the cycle of how a domain expires and then comes back into the market if it is not renewed by the owner.

Thanks! :)

2. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    Domain name renewal after expiration date depends on the specific registrar and domain extension. For example, GoDaddy gives you about 18 days to renew your expired domain without extra fees, but from day 19 to day 42 they keep your domain on hold and parked but will require you to pay a hefty redemption fee to get it renewed. After 42 days they just cancel your domain and you lose it.

Check with your domain registrar for the specific grace period they offer for your domain and you can then decide if you would like to renew or just let it go.

3. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    Got it. That means I still have a week to renew my domain without paying anything. Can I transfer my domain to any other registrar once it is expired or is it registrar dependent. Currently I have BigRock as the registrar and I want to switch to some other registrar, name.com maybe. Thanks for the prompt reply. :)

4. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    Transfer policy again depends on the registrar rules, usually they do not allow transfers for 60 days after the domain changed accounts from one user to another in the same registrar (domain push). If expired, they might put this restriction, but once you renew you can leave i alone for a couple months if they do not allow transfer and then you can get it transferred to any registrar. I prefer to keep all my domains in one place although it is not cheapest option sometimes but easier to manage if you have many domains and renewals for each keep coming up.

5. hynds

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    These current days, almost Godaddy renewal coupons are expired and inactive, so it’s very hard to find a working one. In case you have many domains need to renewal at a time, you should join Godaddy Domain Discount Club or changing your current currency to INR currency at checking out page. These ways will save you a lot of money when renewing.

Update latest cheapest ways to renewal domain at Godaddy currently in 2016. So these are the best active ways to renew domains now. You can join to get a bulk discount on renewals, transfer, new purchases at Godaddy Discount Domain Club. Or you can read the detail process how to change your currency to INR currency here Godaddy promo code renewal. This way can save you 20% - 27% off on your total orders, include renewal

You can also visit here for more many Godaddy renewal coupon active and latest now.

Good luck to you,

6. hynds

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    Please be informed all you guys know that this Godaddy renewal discount method: (Changing your default currency to India Rupee (INR) currency) still working until now in 2017. Don't know the expired day. So you need hurry up to renew your domains and hosting now!

This method still also save you 20%-27% off when renewing.

Don't let them expired without any action on time.

Good luck to you!

7. hynds

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    I update the latest Godaddy renewal coupon below, this code saves you 20% off on your renewal price and new orders

[​IMG]

Use this code: 20DOM417
    This special offer is good for .COM, .NET, .ORG, .CO, .INFO and .BIZ domains only.

Good luck to you,