Domain name with Hyphen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafsoh

Yellow Belt
What is your opinion on hypen in domain, does it have any SEO benefit or a negative effect.

Thanks

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
I always try to stay away from that. there are enough good dot com names still out there if you are creative that can avoid using a hyphen. people just are not trained well enough to remember hyphen domain names.

Zoli

Yellow Belt
Some times ago the inurl:keyword did not return result unless the domain contained hypened keywords, now it changed. Don't state that every words is recognised, but more and more, so the advantage of the hypenated domains seems to gone.

Hafsoh

Yellow Belt
I always try to stay away from that. there are enough good dot com names still out there if you are creative that can avoid using a hyphen. people just are not trained well enough to remember hyphen domain names.
thanks a good opinion really people may not remember a hypen domain...

bhushna

Yellow Belt
I always try avoiding buying domains with other characters than Alphabets. I also avoid using Numbers. I fell the user of my site will have a negative effect, I dont know about the seo thing as of now but i have heard it somewhere that yeah we have some problems with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.