Need Help Don't you think this is a security threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I visited admin fusion today and I got the attached image being flashed at me. Presumably its a warning to the admin to make the forum secure, but it I were a hacker, that will alert me to the fact that the admin password is weak.

Do you think the notice is helpful or counter productive?

Attachments

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
I logged in and did not get that message. I think that many of the warnings are set up with to low threshholds and always give you a warning. I don't see anything that makes AF any different from other forums out there.

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
It might be, but very little has been done to AF in months and months, so I highly doubt it to be honest.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
The owner does not seem to be around any more... I exchange links with him, I sent him an email a few months ago to let him know that I have removed his link from my site etc etc no response and he is still linking to my old site.

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
Eric is super busy with his other sites that are really busy and generate a ton of income. hopefully they will revive the site again before it is to late.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Don't think he is interested in admin fusion, just use it as a sort of link exchange site for his other forum. Well, its his he can do as he please with it.

vidmaster

Banned
wow never seen that before, not april fools?

very dubious though, sure you dont have spywayre or something on your own computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.