My 2 Cents Drinking Age To High To Low

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle

White Belt
I think that the drinking age is too high and should be lowerd to 18 because alot of our soldiers in iraq are under 21 they can die for our country but they cant drink alcohol i think that is just wrong and the govt. should gat the hell out of our personal lives do you like being monitered i sure as hell dont give me your opinion. :friends: :friends: :friends: :friends: :friends: :gwork: :gwork:

llama

Yellow Belt
i think its fine the way it is. i dont know how responsible some 18 or 19 year olds can be if they were to be allowed to legally buy alcohol. :dunno:

B

BoOZTspeED

I saw either drop the drinking age to 18, or up the age to join military to 21.

Cuz its ridiculous that you can die for your country at 18, but cant have a beer until 21.

bayster

Yellow Belt
BoOZTspeED said:

Cuz its ridiculous that you can die for your country at 18, but cant have a beer until 21.

oh shit , i never did look @ it that way

llama

Yellow Belt
BoOZTspeED said:

then what are the people who graduated high school at the age of 18, but arent looking for a college institution or the job field yet going to do. i think you are able to join the armed forces at around the age most people graduate high school for a reason.

that same argument you are making can also apply to:

a 16 year old can legally operate a motor vehicle, but yet cant buy cigarettes.
a 17 year old can hold a job and pay taxes, but yet cant vote.

but it doesnt make the argument any stronger. just IMO. :)

fliptout

Yellow Belt
there are a LOT of immature teenagers out there (i.e. ME when i was a teen).... i think the last thing we should do is make it easier for them to get boozed up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.