News/ Info Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkd_uk

Yellow Belt
I have had many emails from scammers stating that they have paid for a product and to send the product urgently.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Used eBay to buy Ozami Internet Guide and I belive I was a victim of fraud in that transaction, I think there were two fake bidders, after sometime I stopped bidding, I had the 3 highest bid, suprised that the winner did not buy it, the second winner did not either, the vendor later approached me and ask if I will pay what the winning bid was I said no, she came back and ask if I will pay the second winning bid, I still say not and finally, she gave it to me for what I bidded.

I have a felling the two bids ahead of me were fake.... I have not been back to ebay since.

I know a friend who bough concert tickets and never got anything

mikeinlincs

Yellow Belt
Ebay most people on there are OK it's the scammers like bargain web hosting sellers that are the worst.

Fell victim 3 times you think after the first 2 I would have learnt my lesson. So did I... so I did days and days of checking the seller, searched the net over and over.

I felt this seller was top dog, no bad feedback so I purchased a reseller package from him, then just over a month later the shite (I can say shite I hope) started to hit the fan. Complained to ebay they did not want to know, because it was after 30 days since my purchase.

Ebay's get out of jail card, somthing that most people do not know about, ebay will not give a shite if the sale was less than ?15.00 GBP or the sale was 30 days old.

buyer be aware

Mike :cry:

gkd_uk

Yellow Belt
Sorry to hear your stories guys

I guess, we all must be very very careful when making online transactions

xtrafile

Yellow Belt
Yeah, it's not just eBay; lots of other places scam around a lot too... a lot of that happening at DP, Craigslist, etc...

Bionic Woman

Yellow Belt
I've used Ebay around 7-8 times I think and so far have not had any problems. I try to keep it to small items. One time however my son wanted to buy an Xbox out of his christmas money, we got the sale item off Ebay and after a few days expected to receive the item but we didn't. I sent the seller an email, he made some excuses why it hadn't been sent out like he was looking for the box for it then he did send it out. It didn't arrive with the box but he did say he would send it on, I never got the box but I didn't care about a box as long as I got the Xbox lol.

Not to do with Ebay, but I did buy a VB license off this guy on a website before christmas last year. When I paid and he sent me the details I found that the license was not an owend license so it was absolutely useless to me and that he was not allowed to sell it. I contacted the guy but he wasn't interested so at my last shot I sent him another pm but this time I told him that I had contaced Vbulletin (which I had done) about him selling the VB which was against their TOS and that I was going to contact the admin of the site we were a member of where he sold the license in an disorderly way. Anyway, it worked and he gave me my money back.

I've paid for my site url to go on myspace to people who say that it will be shown to thousands of people only never to see any extra guests on my site at all. Totally ripped off by these people. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.