Ebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bigboy

Hi all,

well I've recently rediscovered books via ebooks on my mobile, I was never a big reader and only really read what I had to while at school and I have big gaps in my reading history. So what classics can anyone recommend as a must read?
My most recent reads where The Eyre Affair in paperback, Call of the wild and a couple of Tom Sharpe novels on the mobile.

Later....
Bigboy

A

Agent Sizzle

Hi there Bigboy :)

...and welcome!!

I'm not a huge fan of eBooks, as I find them a bit unpleasant / uncomfortable to read, but I did find Oscar Wilde's Picture of Dorian Gray as an eBook, which I really did enjoy reading again. But you can't beat a good normal book.

H

Helen May

There's a new gadget being put out in the States by Amazon called a Kemble or a Kindle (?). It looks like a hand held so a bit bigger than a mobile. It was in this weeks Sunday Times but the papers have gone for me to give a link.

I'd rather read a book in my hand but I'd have a look at this when it comes out here, depending on the size.

H

B

Bigboy

Hi Ladies,

Of course you can't beat a real book but for sheer convenience the phone wins hands down, I can carry a library with me and use it places where books would be a pain especially for us blokes.

BTW Helen May the amazon kindle is here . I don't know when it will be released but the price tag looks a bit steep to me, I'm sure there are cheaper and probably better alternatives available. I get most of my books from the Project Gutenburg site the books with no copyright are free, I throw them through a converter and onto my phone, works great.

Later....
Bigboy

Status
Not open for further replies.