• Can't Say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Filler

Hi,
I have read somewhere that domain names play important role in website ranking.How many of you support this concept,please tell me the truthness of this statement.For me choosing a domain name is just what i like most pleasing to me

Thanks

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Filler,
Here are some of the ways a domain name can affect your business:
i. the shorter the domain name, the easier it is to pronounce and when it needs to be type out, the less chances of error, for example temi.co.uk and HandMadePresents.co.uk , which is easier to type?
i. Domain name plays a part in your ranking, if a domain name contain keywords you are targeting it much easier to get to the top with less effort than a domain name that does not contain the keywords you are targeting.
iii. Some people argue that hypen in domain name is good, I have not seen evidence of that.

PromoJunkie

Yellow Belt
Hi,

I would say it all depends, can a keyword targeted domain effect a ranking? Yes... for a quick jump on the serps, however through my personal collection of sites/domains I have seen that the short domains are better, and regular english words are not as good as made-up words. For example: yahoo.com is better then bigsearchengine.com. This is ofcourse based on the fact that the content of the site is targeted with your niche.

I fugure its like this... having a keyword friendly domain is kinda like using blackhat tricks, it will get you up but in most cases you will fall quickly after achieving those serps.

Status
Not open for further replies.