eMachines

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoaringUSAEagle

Yellow Belt
Well, I finally got a new computer.  I still have my old Compaq in the shop until they fix it.  I could not wait any longer, although.  I went ahead and purchased an eMachines Computer.  It is running like a champ so far.  I have no complaints.  And for $650, I am really happy heh.

I will never buy another Compaq for as long as I live, and will never buy a refurbished computer either.

So, with saying that, you should see more of my posts here.  I have just been without a computer for about 2 weeks and really apologize for not being active here.

Regards,

- Jeff

Moondancer

Yellow Belt
nice to see you back online,  :). Myself, I'm too much of a tinkerer to ever buy a premade machine.. every computer I've owned since the first one in the late 80's has been built by me..... hmmmm.. maybe in another few months I'm due for some upgrades *grin*

CrazyTech

Yellow Belt
[quote author=SoaringUSAEagle link=topic=41.msg116#msg116 date=1085773953]
Well, I finally got a new computer.  I still have my old Compaq in the shop until they fix it.  I could not wait any longer, although.  I went ahead and purchased an eMachines Computer.  It is running like a champ so far.  I have no complaints.  And for $650, I am really happy heh.

I will never buy another Compaq for as long as I live, and will never buy a refurbished computer either.

So, with saying that, you should see more of my posts here.  I have just been without a computer for about 2 weeks and really apologize for not being active here.

Regards,

- Jeff
[/quote]

I too learned about how back a Compaq was thanks to my girlfriend. I've always been a Gateway person because their support (the few times I needed it) has been top notch and so has the hardware. The monitor I am using right now is now about is about 6-7 years old and we finally need a new one. The computer system I am on is our 2nd with them and it's going on 4 years old (950 MHz). My girlfriend had her Compaq for about 3 years and it's about slap worn out. It runs fair since I installed more memory, but the HD is in bad shape and she hardly uses it anymore. It was a beast to install the memory into since I had to take apart all sorts of covers and places.

Her younger sister has an emachine which she's used for about 1.5 years now. It's a pretty good little computer with what they paid for it and it performs good so far. I think for the price emachines are well worth it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.