eZine Articles Using NoFollows in Body Of Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
I see that ezinearticles are making links placed within the article body 'nofollow' which is a very good move in my opinion.

Being a market leader means having to make tough decisions sometimes… and this is one we've contemplated for more than 2 years now. What's happening: Effective later this month, all links in the article body will include the rel="nofollow" attribute. That means we'll be instructing the search engines to not crawl those links. Will they actually not crawl those links? I think the consensus is that they STILL crawl those links for indexing purposes, but unofficially.
Why is this being done? To discourage self-promotion in the article body.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I think most web organisation when they get to a certain size basically have to do that, Wilkipedia had to do same thing a few years back.

I think most author submit article just for that reason, if now why else would you spend a lot of time witting an article only to give it away free?

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
Well, they reckon that only a small percentage actually place links within the body of the text, and I have to agree that sometimes those links can be useful to readers. They don't have to be 'dofollow' though of course.

In what is called the Resource Box that's where authors write a little bit about themselves, and can place a couple of links to their site/blog etc if they wish.

If anyone then wishes to use that article they are supposed to use the whole lot, including the info in the Resource box to give credit to the author, plus the benefit of more backlinks for the author.

Status
Not open for further replies.