Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Facebook Marketing

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by phoenix2015, Jan 15, 2016.

1. phoenix2015

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    Does marketing on Facebook really work? Is it worth the time and money spent? Or do people just get annoyed when somebody tries to sell them something on Facebook?

2. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    It really depends on your own intentions towards the people there on Facebook @phoenix2015@phoenix2015. If your intentions are just to make money from them, definitely you are wasting time on Facebook. If you are going to change your intentions by helping them towards their concerns and offering them a solution, for sure you will be getting results there like no other. I was having that mistake before in my own mindset, and I simply changed it. People have different problems in their lives, especially when they share it on Facebook. We're going to be problem solvers, and for sure results and income will come in.

3. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +7 / -0
    As far as I think, FaceBook is not a place where you sell your products. People get annoyed when they are bothered.

4. phoenix2015

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    Thanks for the response! I think you are absolutely right! Great point! If you we help others by providing solutions to their problems and needs with quality content and products, then we are actually providing a service instead of just trying to get them to buy something. I like that philosophy!

Thanks for your reply! I was thinking the same thing. But, I always here about facebook marketing. So, I became curious and posted the question. Thanks again for your insight!

5. Renren

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
  6. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    I think that Facebook is a good place to promote your product or service as it makes product positioning easier by identifying the latest trends in social media. People who are in specific groups will also allow the seller or business owner to offer something relevant or important to the members.

7. Bretthuda33

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Facebook is a good place to promote your IMAGE. People don't always care about WHAT products you are selling, but WHY you are selling them. This is why all the big companies selling products still have facebook pages. Like Apple products, they make sure to let people know WHY they do what they do and they just happen to sell computers and accessories.

8. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +102 / -0
    I am agree with you @amultani@amultani you can promote your business but this is not the place for selling the product.

9. RADHESHYAM GUPTA

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    Facebook is not a place where your product but Facebook is a place where advertise about your product. And really you can do marketing on Facebook.
    Because Facebook have 800 millions active users over the world. That means your product advertisement reach over the world..
    So, I think Facebook marketing is really work.

10. briannagodess

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    I think Facebook is a great place to advertise your product or service. All companies have Facebook pages nowadays. All celebrities have Facebook pages nowadays. All restaurants have Facebook pages nowadays. And why? It's because it's a great way to promote whatever service or product that they have to offer. It's free, worldwide and easy to setup as well.

But for selling your products, I'd suggest eBay, Instagram or other e-commerce sites. It's easier to sell your product or service if you have your own account on such sites. Or better yet, create your own site for your product or service.

Good luck!

11. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    It's depend on your business and type of advertisement you are doing on Facebook. Facebook is used for not a making money but it's help you in.
    You can advertise your business or brand on Facebook that help in a generating leads for your business. Facebook have a a lot of users you need you engage them.

12. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    Most of them are saying Facebook is not meant for small business people as they are not reaching the audience. A friend of mine reported with stats that he has 40k followers and every page reaches only 200 people.
    I had a page for my business and all the people are not liking our posts only 4 to 5 members out of 500 likes.
    I see a lot of people interested in love quotes on Facebook and they can be reached easily.

13. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    Facebook is the platform for all and if utilized properly it can be a good place to advertise and promote your products. This is the only reason why every big brand have their own page on Facebook, and their respective followers, likes, posts share, and experience take the flow of business to all. In return more people come to know about the brand and sometimes an excitement to experience the products or brand have been noticed.

14. Maple fly

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Facebook is too helpful for my business, through the Facebook we will get lot more traffic and leads for our business. i hope it will also be beneficial for you.

15. Astrorushi

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
  16. happy2trip

happy2trip New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    ya face book will help you get the awareness of your product

17. omshakthiastrologers

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Facebook is great stage to advance your business.It will work relies upon the item and the method for achieving customers.If everything is great you can come to your focused on clients.