Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Fatal Error: Cannot Redeclare Clear_parse()

Discussion in 'General Programming Discussions' started by klmklm, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klmklm

klmklm Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Please find a solution to my problem....

I have followed the instruction by making the Admin folder set to 777 and also downloaded the FastTemplate and still having the following error:

my FastTemplate lines reads the following:

Code:
    Select All
    // ************************************************************ // Aliased function - used for compatibility with CGI::FastTemplate function clear_parse () { $this->removed(); } // ************************************************************ // Clears all variables set by assign()
    What am I doing wrong? Your help is appretiated.....

2. laura

laura Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    omg...

i got same error, and i dont know how to fix it!

here my trouble...
    Code:
    Select All
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clear_parse() in /home/xlaucom/public_html/guiade11/class.FastTemplate.php on line 644
    hey, anybody can help me??

3. squadracorse

squadracorse Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Same problem as Laura here. Besides the symlink error (i use linux, but it gave errors), the Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clear_parse() stops showing anything. Could you please look into this? I also think that the images per item are too many, what is the use of making it 150 and 100 and 90 and 70? I think one big image say 600 (for site layout) and one of 150 will be more than enough. But i couldn't test it because of the error. Hope you can fix this, then i will promise to make a nice image upload script (one big and one thumb) which will make it very nice using GD2.

4. squadracorse

squadracorse Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Ok the function clear_parse is put in one page twice, but with another sub function. Very strange way of programming.

FIRST:
    Code:
    Select All
    function clear_parse ( $ReturnVar = "") { $this->clear($ReturnVar); }
    which uses function clear:

Code:
    Select All
    function clear ( $ReturnVar = "" ) { // Clears out hash created by call to parse() if(!empty($ReturnVar)) { if( (gettype($ReturnVar)) != "array") { unset($this->$ReturnVar); return; } else { while ( list ($key,$val) = each ($ReturnVar) ) { unset($this->$val); } return; } } // Empty - clear all of them while ( list ( $key,$val) = each ($this->HANDLE) ) { $KEY = $key; unset($this->$KEY); } return; } // end clear()
    SECOND ONE
    Code:
    Select All
    function clear_parse () { $this->clear_assign(); }
    clear_assign is:

Code:
    Select All
    function clear_assign () { if(!(empty($this->PARSEVARS))) { while(list($Ref,$Val) = each ($this->PARSEVARS) ) { unset($this->PARSEVARS["$Ref"]); } } }

5. RamsesII

RamsesII Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Same Problem

Hi, I've the same problem!!!

The error is:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clear_parse() in /web/htdocs/www.irk.it/home/shop/admin/class.FastTemplate.php on line 647

auth.php as correct.

Please help me hehehehehe

6. imported_misi

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    commant only this line and not the all fuction :

// $this->removed();

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.