Help Me/Question Favorite control panel software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyTech

Yellow Belt
What's your favorite control panel software?

Yes I know it's a common question, but it's a good one at that. Personally I favor Ensim or cPanel, although I'd really like to work more with H-Sphere and perhaps even Plesk. I have limited experience with the both of them.

K

Kris

Well to me I prefer no control panel notepad and shell works good. From experience though CPanel is most known and usually the easiest to use. Our clients prefer this and are comfortable with this so I cannot ask much more. I have worked some with HELM and hate it personally. Ensim a little but not enough to say yes or no. Plesk is one I would like to research myself further seems to be good.

Moondancer

Yellow Belt
I have to say I favor Ensim. While on the surface it may not seem quite as user friendly to people, it is a bit more secure than cPanel and gives a bit more control over your site. We have had good feedback from new clients who have transferred their service to us after using cPanel. First it's " I can't find anything" then "Once you get used to it, it's exceptional" kind of comments. All in all I think cPanel is more popular because of it's user friendliness.

CrazyTech

Yellow Belt
I concur. Ensim is a very nice and solid piece of software, whereas cPanel has the occasional glitch. Just the other day I removed an addon domain and I had to go into the server and delete the entry because when you delete the domain from the user control panel, it doesn't always clear everything. Little things like that can be a bit annoying.

R

reann

I understand this about Ensim, its clean and non-messed up. But what i like about CPanel is its user-friendliness. The clients like that.

CrazyTech

Yellow Belt
I agree. cPanel is much easier to navigate around the first time. I remember both the first time I used Ensim and the first time I used cPanel. With Ensim, it took me some time to find things whereas with cPanel everything was quick and in good logical order IMHO. If you could build a control panel with the backbone of Ensim and the logic and user end of cPanel you'd have one good product.

SoaringUSAEagle

Yellow Belt
I agree. cPanel is much easier to navigate around the first time. I remember both the first time I used Ensim and the first time I used cPanel. With Ensim, it took me some time to find things whereas with cPanel everything was quick and in good logical order IMHO. If you could build a control panel with the backbone of Ensim and the logic and user end of cPanel you'd have one good product.

I second that - Although I have never used Ensim.  I love cPanel and thats what I use for my reseller stuff along with my friend.  Its actually his reseller account but I help him maintain it - cPanel is the way to go in my eyes if you are looking for something quick, easy, and reliable.

Moondancer

Yellow Belt
I agree also.. if it had the backbone of Ensim, lol... easy, quick, and reliable usually means less secure and i'm a stickler for security, :) .. I want it as secure as it can possibly with exsisting applications.. once you find your way around Ensim, tho.. it knocks the others for loops.

CrazyTech

Yellow Belt
Yep.

Ensim called on me for a conference call and I told them what I've been saying for years now. Create a control panel just like cPanel with the backend of Ensim. You'll have a big winner. The problem with cPanel is many things don't work properly. The problem with Ensim is it lacks in overall features. Combine the best of the two and you've got yourself quite a bit of money.

O

ovi

I use both, Ensim and CPanel, but I think that CPanel is more handle, if you understand what I mean, Ensim sometimes seems "unready" for most users, and from my experience I can say that I meet people on my helpdesk experience that on their hosting packages have Ensim and now they want to change on CPanel :) Maybe a mix from this 2 will create a terrific control panel :)

Best Regards,
Ovi

O

ovi

Hello

I like CPanel but I can't say nothing bad about any other control panel. I have work a few times without control panel, directly from the shell and this experience made me love every control panel :)

Ovi

matthewmurcia

White Belt
CPanel, deifnitely. Let's you do so much ( I had a really bad host before that with some kind of hoem grown rubbish to try and make your way around your site) then WHM for resellers and something called ClientExec to run billing.

Status
Not open for further replies.