Favourite Classical Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

becky sharp

i heard a lovely piece this morning that is new to me......the benedictus from the armed man by karl jenkins
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Armed_Man
The piece was commissioned by the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds for the Millennium celebrations and was initially dedicated to victims of the Kosovo crisis.

does anybody know this?
==============================================

another favourite .....the slave chorus from nabucco by verdi

T

The Myth Of Fingerprints

One of my favourite pieces is Vide Cor Meum from the film Hannibal.

S

scorpio

I think Richard Strauss "Also Sprach Zarathustra" has got to have the best introduction.... 8)

S

scorpio

I haven't heard that for years....I'm going to have to get some more classical on cd...

I had a really spooky vinyl compilation with "Danse Macabre" and "Mephisto Waltz" on and some organ music on a la Dr Phibes...but can't play it... :cry:

I can see Vinnie Price now.... :lol: 8)

O

Oldraver

Not googled. Was it Matthew Hopkins or summat?

Back to topic. I've got nearly all the stuff mentioned on here on one triple CD! Desert Island Discs. Some philistine at WH Smith, priced it up at £3!!

O

Oldraver

It was about three years ago! Always look just after the new year. They know not what they do! :eek:ccasion9:

T

thelovelytennisnut

Am at the moment listening to the Brandenburg Concertos, wonderful!

T

thelovelytennisnut

A recent discovery is 'This Joyful Eastertide' Kings College Choir, to me it is absolutely beautiful.

B

becky sharp

hungarian rhapsody....no2...saw a terrific playing of this last night on the classical brits

and jupiter from the planet suite by holst ....can't remember if it's already down.. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.