My Suggestion Few More Basics Of A Good Web Hosting

sunshine

Blue Belt
If you are thinking about getting your place on the internet, then you are going to have to know a couple of things. One of those things is what a web host is. The answer is quite simple, but the services that one provides you can be very complex so pay attention. A web hosting company is an internet hosting service that gives you the tools necessary to make your website accessible on the internet. A web host will provide disk space at the minimum, but many, many more features to individuals and businesses. Data centers all over the world are moving website data through wires and connections behind the scenes just to keep all of your favorite websites up and running 24/7.
12347881_954831331253835_71930158921489892_n.jpg

Different Companies, Different Services

Services that are provided by a web host differ from company to company, but if you look at the more popular ones, they are all offering very many of the same things to customers. The old school web hosts provided a File Transfer Protocol that allowed users to upload very basic files to the internet. Today’s web host provides things like a web interface, making editing your website even easier to do. That service is so basic that many internet service providers give account holders access to these tools just for being a subscriber each month. The fancy web hosts like HostGator, 1and1 and Godaddy offer you the option to build your website on programming platforms like PHP, Java, Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET and ColdFusion.

The companies that offer the more complex features also allow you to install scripts or write code that help make your website act the way you want it. Many times, forums and content management systems for blogs are installs apps or scripts that give you an almost complete website with one click. There are even companies that can get your online ecommerce store up and running in a few very short steps thanks to the scripts that have been written by someone else. This gives you more time to tweak the site and add content and fewer headaches trying to build the website from scratch. If you are going to be making your very first website, it likely will only need a couple of pages and that is perfect for single page web hosts.
Choosing a Free Option

Believe it or not, but there are companies that offer free web hosting. Before you get all excited to spend no money creating your site, you should remember that you get what you pay for. Many times, the free web hosting is funded by advertisements that are placed automatically on your webpage. Depending on what your page is about, the ads might not be something your visitors want to see. Upgrading to a paid web host is one very quick way to end that nightmare. Other types of web hosting include shared, reseller, virtual dedicated server, dedicated hosting and managed hosting, just to name the more common ones.​

Godaddy, web hosting from what I have experienced isn't the best, when I used it it was not so good and the customer service was horrible, I decided to stay away from using them as a Web host, and strictly buy domains alone from them.

sunshine

Blue Belt
Godaddy, web hosting from what I have experienced isn't the best, when I used it it was not so good and the customer service was horrible, I decided to stay away from using them as a Web host, and strictly buy domains alone from them.
Its your opinion or experience, but everybody knows that Godaddy has a good name and well reputation in Web hosting top most companies.

PrashantD

Content Writer
My experience with Godaddy has been terrible. I've hosted my websites with Godaddy and their loading times were the slowest I have seen for my sites. I even experienced few minutes downtime as well and their support was clueless. Then I switched to DigitalOcean, installed everything on my own and speed improved dramatically. I've used Arvixe, PhotonVPS, DigitalOcean, Hostgator and a few more apart from Godaddy and experience with Godaddy was the worst of all. As a registrar, Godaddy is an excellent choice. However, as far as web hosting goes, it will never be an option for me.

My experience with Godaddy has been terrible. I've hosted my websites with Godaddy and their loading times were the slowest I have seen for my sites. I even experienced few minutes downtime as well and their support was clueless. Then I switched to DigitalOcean, installed everything on my own and speed improved dramatically. I've used Arvixe, PhotonVPS, DigitalOcean, Hostgator and a few more apart from Godaddy and experience with Godaddy was the worst of all. As a registrar, Godaddy is an excellent choice. However, as far as web hosting goes, it will never be an option for me.
I agree with you, its is very reputable and good as a registrar for buying domains and all that and I have had good experiences using that aspect of Godaddy, but as web host it wasn't great for me.

cortana

I want domain names, then I go to namecheap or godaddy. If I want a webhost, then I go to a webhost. Go to the place that specializes in a service.

Cleveland Williams

Content Writer
HostGator has been a really good service for me. I highly recommend them for all of your hosting needs. Their system is very easy to use and their support staff are always friendly. Since the website that I built for a client has been hosted, there has not been one moment were it was taken down. For high quality services at an affordable price, visit their website and check out their reviews online.

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
When you choose a hosting company, you must make sure their servers are secure and not easily hacked. If the server has poor security, your site will be hacked and it will get de-indexed from the search engine. They also must provide fast customer support through online chat or ticket system. Good web hosting companies usually also have forums where you can post the issues you are facing and get immediate response from the support team. The price should not be too cheap. Cheap hosting prices under $2 is an indication of a lousy hosting which mean they will compromise in some area such as lots of downtime, poor customer support and etc. Before buying a hosting, make sure you check the refund policy even when you see the 100% satisfaction guarantee batch. This is because they usually have rules for customers who request for full refund for unsatisfied hosting experiences with them.