Suggestion Few Suggestions For Wms

sunshine

Blue Belt
Just want to give few suggestions to Admin of WMS.

1. For publishing a post with images, please make it possible to change the size of image while inserting in the post. It will enhance the good looking impression of post.

2. Provide your own upload server option to secure images while uploading in the post. Because, maybe in future any posters could cheat you by deleting images or might be any problem occur in Poster's uploaded host.

3. Please activate “Wallet” with its Credits: φ for users.
http://www.webmasterserve.com/adcredits/

4. There should be 10 Posts (instead of 6, at this moment) under Recent Posts at Forum home page.

You know I'm always sincere and honest to the WMS forum.
If anybody has more suggestions please share (only necessary and important).

Thanks.

cheezcarls

It's Game Time!
Just want to give few suggestions to Admin of WMS.

1. For publishing a post with images, please make it possible to change the size of image while inserting in the post. It will enhance the good looking impression of post.

2. Provide your own upload server option to secure images while uploading in the post. Because, maybe in future any posters could cheat you by deleting images or might be any problem occur in Poster's uploaded host.

3. Please activate “Wallet” with its Credits: φ for users.
http://www.webmasterserve.com/adcredits/

4. There should be 10 Posts (instead of 6, at this moment) under Recent Posts at Forum home page.

You know I'm always sincere and honest to the WMS forum.
If anybody has more suggestions please share (only necessary and important).

Thanks.
I highly agree mostly with all of your points @sunshine, and I hope the admins can take notice of this. But out of those four, I like the first two ones to be implemented. For me, I think it's necessary that we have the option to have the auto resize when publishing posts with image. I like the idea of this, so that it may look appealing and very friendly to the readers as well. Upload server option is also considerable, but most of the forums I have joined do not have that kind of option. I would bet that WMS might be the first to implement this (correct me if I'm wrong) based on my experience in joining other related forums.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
Yes, these the really very useful point and i believe admin should look into it and implement it. Especially i am also very much interested in image issue. One image becomes smaller another goes giant and give a messy look to the entire content.

Additionally, there must be a pop-out function (appear itself) when we drag over our mouse it should appear for all the forum section of WMS forums.
Like i saw on forums like DigitalPoint, etc,

sunshine

Blue Belt
Yes, these the really very useful point and i believe admin should look into it and implement it. Especially i am also very much interested in image issue. One image becomes smaller another goes giant and give a messy look to the entire content.

Additionally, there must be a pop-out function (appear itself) when we drag over our mouse it should appear for all the forum section of WMS forums.
Like i saw on forums like DigitalPoint, etc,
Welcome mate for appreciation my hi-lighted points regarding WMS improvements. Your suggestion about pop-up function when we drag over our mouse on forum's main page is also good. Moreover there is also a little bit need to add few more suitable sub-categories under different main sections.

Last edited:

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Everyone- Thanks for the informative feedback! This is what makes me like WebmasterServe, you guys don't just post here but also contribute towards how we can make it a better webmasters community.

As for Images, yes currently the functionality does not allow auto-resizing when you upload an image as attachment. We do not encourage people to use images from other sites by just entering the image URL because when the external website deletes the image, your post will have a broken image! So please try to upload your own copy of the image file as an attachment - then insert it into the body of your post at any spot suitable for the image.

Image sizing - Currently this is not automated, but you have an option to click on the image while you are writing/editing your post, drag the image corner to size it to the suitable size! Plus, you can always use BBCODE to enter exact image size but you will need to know some BBCODE to enter a size for each image. Sometimes I go in and edit your posts for typos, spellings or major grammar issues but it is impossible to edit everyone's posts, so you should take care when you post something, to check the quality of your writing, typos, errors, formatting, etc. How you present your post content speaks a lot about how organized and knowledgeable you are in your field.

@Manish Mishra @sunshine what mouse-over pop-up are you guys talking about? Is it for the menu on the top to show all different forum categories/areas to post? Sounds like a good suggestion, it is in the list of improvements already but won't be available soon.

Thanks everyone or your productive feedback and suggestions, we always welcome your feedback and love learning from our members!

@sunshine to find all new posts, not just the top 6 shown above Forum List, please use the specific page at Recent Posts | WebmasterServe Forums which lists all new posts. It can be found under Forums > New Posts. Listing too many new posts above the forums list makes the page too heavy.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
Yes, I did mean that, "menu on the top to show all different forum categories/areas to post". (when we drag over our mouse).

sunshine

Blue Belt
@Solmak Thanks so much for your attention on these concerns.

OK, for image size setting in the post we can use drag the image corner to size it to the suitable size.

For looking Recent Posts on the forum board, usually I've looked at WebmasterServe Forums , but according to your suggestion due to heavy load of recent posts on main forum, for now I'll also check forum recent posts section Recent Posts | WebmasterServe Forums.

Thanks.

Swati Mishra

Content Writer
@Solmak
Hello sir,
Even though how much i want, like previous contest, I find it hard to contribute in the January 2016 contest. The reason is we are ONLY supposed to write only "Top 10" entries "in/of 2016" for this contest.
My contribution and knowledge in the area of programming languages/database that could not be TOP or in/of 2016.
What am i supposed to do if i want to be included in the contest?

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
@Swati Mishra You wrote this message in the wrong thread! You could either open a new thread in Support forum or use the contest thread for discussion related to the contest :) Just a friendly reminder.

As for the contest, I think the theme suits pretty well for every topic if you can be creative. Just think of programming languages, you could have Top 10 programming languages for web development type of post, but that would be too bland, you could spice it up with things like Top 10 programming hacks, Top 10 database tricks, To most useful Javascript tools, and so forth. You could eliminate the "in 2016" part and just use Top 10 or Top 5 whichever suits your topic. Also think of examples: Top 10 ways to optimize your website - programming focused article on optimizing code, databases, cache, etc etc. Top 10 tools to check your website optimization, Top 10 free tools to debug your website, list goes on. Remember, this forum is trying to be a source for web developers, SEO Pros, Internet Marketers, Designers, etc. so the content and theme should be preferably something most people can benefit from, maybe not an academic lesson but rather a quick tips and tricks kind of content which is easily incorporated by other webmasters or developers. Good luck!

ipol12

Yellow Belt
I do think these tips will make the community more enjoyable to stay. But I must admit that I am already enjoying this site. I am learning a lot from these great contributors as well, as I can dig those experiences way back then and share some knowledge. So grateful that I am in this site.