Finding Clients Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvduval

Yellow Belt
I think I really have a lot to offer people, and I keep saying to myself, "Print some flyers, and then go out and hand them out to businesses". Then I don't do it.

First of all, I'm hoping to get some support from people saying, "Yeah! You can do it!". It takes a lot of courage to go out and solicit clients, but I have a feeling I can meet some good people who can really get a lot out of my services.

Second, any advice for strategy. I need to find some small businesses in my area. But then what? I'm thinking...
1. Go around dropping off flyers. Some people will tell me to get lost. Others will tell me they'll give it to the right person. And maybe a few will actually be the right person.
2. Try to find out who the right person is. Get their email or phone number.
3. Call these people. Email them.
4. Offer a free consultation.

Help me out folks! What are some pointers?

matthewmurcia

White Belt
Dvduval,

I'll help you work you're strategy a bit but you need to post a bit more about what your business is, what you're trying to sell and who your potential customers are, otherwise we'lljust be going round in circles talking about generalities ;D

B

bpcombs

I'm with Matthew. Give us some more info and we can probably help.

As this is a webmaster forum, I'm going to assume you're talking about some sort of web design services. I'd really recommend you attend some of the business networking events in your area. You can make wonderful contacts at these things.

I wouldn't approach one of these events with the intent to hard sell anyone. Meet people, make contacts, and talk about what you do. People who need your services (and like you), will want to talk about it more.

Brian

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
bpcombs said:
I wouldn't approach one of these events with the intent to hard sell anyone. Meet people, make contacts, and talk about what you do. People who need your services (and like you), will want to talk about it more.

Brian
Good point Brian and BTW welcome to webmaster serve :)

Status
Not open for further replies.