Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Forum Installation

Discussion in 'General Forum Management Topics' started by Vinaya, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I have a wordpress site and I want to install forum on my site.How do I do it? Is is similar to wordpress installation or there is some kind of plugin available?

2. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Yes there are differ not plugins available you just need to check on the plugin store

3. tipstechtut

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    You can use buddy press or bbpress plugin for that. you can instal into sub domain too. It will be like forum.yourdomain.com. And another way you can make like this Yourdain.com/fourm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. wmfbm

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Most common forums you need to create a database in mysql, then you copy the files to the right directory in your webserver. Open the the URL in the browser and follow the instructions on screen. MyBB, phpBB and SMF are like this. I think wordpress is very similar to this.

Some web hosting providers claim to have one-click installation of some of these softwares too, so it should be even easier.

5. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    I'm going to agree with you but I think bbpress is the preferable one among the two. I like the interface of it very much :)

6. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Wordpress has a variety of plugins that you can use. Just go on the plugin store and find one there. Wordpress is a very mature service so I'm sure that you can find anything that you are looking for.

7. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    It's a good thing that you consider putting up a forum in your page. With the existence of different tools in creating one, your page or site will surely come a long way.

8. wmfbm

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Be careful with wordpress plugins. Many beginner programmers write free wordpress plugins, and while they work, and get good reviews because of this, they frequently have serious security problems that could get your site infected with a trojan horse or your password stolen.

This is a common problem with themes too, some even have hidden backlinks to a spammer's website.

9. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Hmm, thank you very much for that piece of advice. I would think that some of these plugins have to be verified by WordPress in order for this not to happen right? I will definitely research about all of the plugins that I introduce onto my blog from here on out.

10. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    You are very true, Ive been hacked a lot of times and cleaned more viruses, Trojans from my WordPress blogs.

Op
    Try BBpress as it is more powerful plugin for building small forums and it eventually makes your forum into beautiful with active posts.

11. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    Adding a forum to you site can encourage user generated content and increase the amount of user engagement. Your readers will be able to interact with one another to solve a problem. People will want to return to the site and check back often so you will have plenty of return visitors who are loyal to your site.

12. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    No dear, WordPress has security points grading system to measure how well you are protecting your site based on the security. In fact WordPress has security monitoring and continuously scan for malware and threats.