Forums PR dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I wonder if Google has fallen out of love with forum or if this is just a coincidence.
Most of the forums I frequent seem to be losing PR, I wonder if this has to do with the source or their original PR or if forums are singled out by Google?

Whats your take?

tony

Yellow Belt
One of my new forums went from 2 to 4. Could it be the linking profile rather than forums per se i.e. some have lots of irrelevant outbound links.

Tony

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
how my The Biggest Boards site did not go up is beyond me. We have over 1700 links going out and countless coming in, but did not move. Our alexa ranking keeps positively dropping, but for the life of me not sure why the PR did not go up?

tony

Yellow Belt
At the end of the day the visual pagerank does not really matter as long as the relevant traffic is going up - that's all that counts. Gone are the days of getting a ton of links from any old site to improve your rankings. The sites need to relevant and trusted i.e. not spammy, been around a while, whiter than white. Temi just started a thread about Trust Rank and I think this is much more important now and makes it hard to work out what is going on. One thing for sure TVDinner the random outbound links on a forum could make your site look spammy from Google's perspective.

tony

Yellow Belt
If it is a directory and outbound links are relevant and grouped into good categories; and not to spammy sites you should be fine : )

Status
Not open for further replies.