Help Me/Question Free or paid hosting which is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M~m

Banned
I see many sites that provide free web hosting gor domain name and many site provide paid hosting i mean site take money to provide web hosting. I want to know that which one is best. Free hosting and paid hosting. Tell me some features, advantages and disadvantages of free and paid hosting. If I want to offer subdomain name then which one is useful...

D

dds_sdd

I suggest you to stay away from companies which offer free web hosting services because you will have bad uptime and speed. Moreover, some free hosts require you to place a banner on your pages, others display a window that pops up every time a page on your site loads, while still others impose an advertising frame on your site. As a matter of fact, I advise you to deal with paid hosting services like, for instance, a2hosting.com because this company will provide you with good hosting services at cheap price.

TEE06

White Belt
free hosting companies can dissappear without warning, thats a big problem paid hosting is better as they have a source to pay for there servers

poison17

Yellow Belt
I see many sites that provide free web hosting gor domain name and many site provide paid hosting i mean site take money to provide web hosting. I want to know that which one is best. Free hosting and paid hosting. Tell me some features, advantages and disadvantages of free and paid hosting. If I want to offer subdomain name then which one is useful...
It depends on what website do you want to have, how big it is, and if you gonna monetize it. If it's just a simple personal website without big expatations from it.. or you just start an small website, you can choose free hosting. What it's the point having a paid hosting, if you're a total beginner in sites and you just started to learn ?

Now.. it's very clear that what it's free... hmmm... it's free.. you cannot compare it with paid hosting. You cannot compare the uptime, the offered services, etc. There are free hosting companies that are in the business for over 5-7 years, and you can be sure that it cannot dissapear overnight, like someone said before me.

On the other hand, if your website is made to make some money for you, and you are serious in your start to make a succesfull website, you can find in no time very cheap hosting plans (5-7-10 $ / month) , affordable prices, at some big hosting companeies, that fight each other for customers and make "you can not refuse" offers. Godaddy, hostgator, just to name a few.

Last edited:

Hsekhar

White Belt
Never trust any company that offers free web hosting. Of course, there are some free web hosts in which you get terrible customer support for being a free hosting account customer. Most of the free web hosts say they are free and ask you to pay them some $$ as one time set up fee. Most of the free hosts disappear with all your website files, once they have figured out there aren't enough customers to upgrade their free account to paid account. In other words, If you want to deal with a lot problems as far as your site is concerned, Then go for a free web host.

I suggest you should only go for a paid web host after doing some research as to how reliable the company is, how long they have been in the business, what's their uptime, what reviews they are getting on various forums etc.

YooHee

Yellow Belt
if you have the budget to pay for the paid listing then i will suggest you to go paid...

because, they will approve your link faster and there are more benefits with paid listing :D

AlexAcosta

White Belt
if you have the budget to pay for the paid listing then i will suggest you to go paid...

because, they will approve your link faster and there are more benefits with paid listing :D
LOL..he is talking about hosting, not directories
but the answer is easy: are you serious about your website? then you will find 5-7$ a month for the web hosting

The SSL Store

White Belt
Dont go for Free Hosting

Yes, that's right don't go for any company that offers free web hosting, because you are going to waste your time behind this, they just claim that they offering free web hosting but after hosting service will not be available in free package they will not even help you in hosting your site, instead i suggest you go for paid hosting because you just need to pay about 100$ for a year and the service is good. And also get an SSL certificate for site for making it Hacker Safe.... I have found one good site for that: thesslstore.com

R

rathost

Don't go with free hosting, sooner or later your website will be down.

T

textlink

hey, pal. take their advise: never trust these free web hosting companies. In the end, you'll regret having a free-hosted site. Analyze why you are putting up a site in the first place? If your goal is to monetize your site, then it will do you good if you try to have cheap webhosting for a minimum fee.

wpet123

White Belt
hi you are in confuse i think the free hosting companeis normaly wont give any gereenty on security and there make you pay after you swicth to them os you must choose the

srachel

White Belt
In my point of view paid hosting is much better than the free hosting, but we need to be cautious while choosing for the paid hosting.

cabletweet

Yellow Belt
There is no need to choose a host with the "fastest" ticket response time, but choose one who you feel you communicate well with.

Rumsfo

Yellow Belt
My problem with this question is that although I'm willing to answer it, my experience with cheap web hosts have not been entirely favorable, so it is difficult to recommend the cheap ones where I have actually placed sites on.

jumper

Yellow Belt
You should pick the top website hosting company and join in their money making businesses online.

Status
Not open for further replies.