Free submission does not equal submit rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I have recently turned one of directories to a completely free directory for now, it amazes me the quantity of rubbish people submit, they never read simple submission guideline like "If your site is not a UK site, please submit it in regional, your country name, I keep receiving "SEO India" "Dentist Chicago" and of course I delete them right away.

This prompts me to ask the question, do you read submission guideliness when submiting your site to web directories?

loredan

White Belt
Here is one of the best descriptions I ever seen

"Phoenix Accounting Job Services India, Phoenix HRD Jobs Services, Phoenix HRD, Manpower Agents,Manpower Agencies in India,Indian Manpower Agents, Indian Recruiters,Recruiters in India,Top Recruiters in India, Indian jobs,Jobs in India,Indian jobs and placements, International Recruiters,International Recruiters in India,International Recruiting Agents, Indian Employment Agencies,Employment Agencies in India,Jobs service providers, Tamilnadu Manpower Agents,Manpower Agencies in Tamilnadu.Tamilnadu Manpower Recruiters, Jobs in India, Top Employers in India,Indian Employers, Jobs in Bangalore,Bangalore Jobs,Jobs in Bangalore India, Jobs in Chennai,Chennai Jobs,Jobs in Chennai India, Jobs in Karnataka,Karnataka Jobs,Jobs in West Bengal,West Bengal Jobs,Jobs in West Bengal India,Jobs in Malaysia, Job Opportunities in Malaysia, Malaysian jobs, Jobs in Abroad,International Recruiters,International Recruiting Agents,Placement Agencies in India, Placement Agencies in TamilNadu, Placement Agencies in Karnataka,Foreign manpower service providers, Foreign recruiters, Manpower service in Foreign,Wanted Nurses from India, Overseas Nursing jobs, International Nursing jobs."

How stupid is that?

poison17

Yellow Belt
I have recently turned one of directories to a completely free directory for now, it amazes me the quantity of rubbish people submit, they never read simple submission guideline like "If your site is not a UK site, please submit it in regional, your country name, I keep receiving "SEO India" "Dentist Chicago" and of course I delete them right away.

This prompts me to ask the question, do you read submission guideliness when submiting your site to web directories?
I , as a directory owner, I know in general what are the rules of submitting in directories, but I still take my time and read rules when I submit to big directories.

And yes, free directories are every day flooded with "seo india" "flowers to india" "free movers bombai" websites and their clones and redirects websites, and most of them of-course, are placed in wrong categories.

I have a rate of approval about 30% just because of those sites.

Last edited:

beyond80

White Belt
I agree..but most of the problems are actually caused by automated softwares..most common problems are the categorization of the sites posted

J

jacky

Yes we should not use software to submit a site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.