Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Freelancer As A Career

Discussion in 'Freelancer Forum' started by Doominic anderson, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Freelancers are increasing everyday,and there are many projects in different different categories are also increases daily.

I want your suggestion,is it good to select freelancer as a career or i will use this work as my secondary work?
    Also give the names of some freelancing sites other than 'freelancer' and 'Guru'.

2. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Freelancing means freedom. For those who love to work independently can start freelancing. This is really an emerging trends of the recent times. More and more people started working as a freelancer. I know my many friends work as a group to finish big projects.
    Best part is you can roam while working and still you are free to work whenever you want even with the time scheduling could be perfect.

3. suzzi winget

White Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    freelancing means working without any pressure are are free to take decision.if you dont want to work under your boss, you can join freelancer.if you are not working somewhere then for sure you can join freelancer as it will be the best source of income without facing any challenges and you are free to choose your working time.

4. SirJoe

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Freelance work is a vast area, this simply means that you are not fixed to any one company. There are positive points and negative points to being a freelancer, the biggest positive point is the flexible hours while the biggest negative point is that you don't get a fixed pay at the end of the month.

5. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    Freelancing may be good for all of us, but it consumes a lot of time comparing to our own projects in making money. Freelancing is the one of the fastest way to make money online and it has more difference compared to the olden day.s
    When I was new it is hard to find freelancing work, but presently seeing tons of works in forums and on other sites.

6. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I have couple of names in my mind where I have worked in past like I started it on knoji (Factoidg) but as long as it was Factoidg working there was fine. Now I am absolutely lost my way but maybe you could make out something out of it. The pay rates are good. Then there is this site mturk that pays in cash to Americans and Indians but gift vouchers to others. JObs are easy and short but money is fine.

7. Nocturnal Writer

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Freelancers are writers who have the freedom to choice or select the sites which they could do some writing. They are working on their own. However, they are not free to go against with the terms and conditions set by the sites that they are writing for. They are free to write, but they are free to the requirements set by the company they are applying to write for them.

8. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    Freelance means work independently without an obligation to go to office for 9-5 work shift, freelance work on temporary contract rather than long term projects. You can do anything as a freelancer, from writing, to designing and development. However, the main question is what are your skills. You need A+ skills to make a living as a freelancer.

9. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    You could try Upwork (formerly ODesk) as its one of the longest tenured freelancer sites in the world today. Other ones that I could recommend that can give you a freelancing career are Digital Point Forums (Buy, Sell and Trade section), Warrior Forums (Warriors For Hire) and micro gig sites like Fiverr, People Per Hour, and so on. But in order for you to stand out from the rest, you definitely need to build your reputation first by simply accomplishing one task at a time and ask for a positive feedback. This is what I have been doing before when I'm still new, and after few years it's totally worth it. :D

10. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    Freelancing is the best way to make money as you want. According to time you can set your time. You have not pressure for work here. specially for me it is the best way.

11. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    Choosing free lancer as a career is not a bad option, if you have number of projects and if you have sufficient time to perform your tasks. I have seen number of people who are earning $20 to $50 per day proving their skills. Freelancer or any other online earning sites can provide you the platform and if you are capable enough to prove yourself earning is all yours.

12. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I have worked for Odesk for sometime but their time bound demands are kind of turn off for me. I prefer to work at my own pace (being a content writer) so keeping pace with them was like too tedious and chances of increased rejection.I prefer contract jobs that provide space as well as money.

13. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    Freelance jobs are perfect for those who would like to work at the comfort of their own home, at their own pace, and at their most convenient time. Although there are some online jobs which require fixed work hours, there are also some with flexible schedule. If you are well-rounded and are great time management, then you can definitely make a career as a freelancer. Try Upwork, I believe it used to be oDesk.

14. juliets_journal

White Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    If you love freelancing, I do not see why you should not make it your primary source of income. The idea at the end of the day is that you get to do what you love and are able to put a meal on your table at the end of every day.
    Personally, I would be more than happy to do freelancing as my primary source of income especially if I were to get a reliable online site to work with and a good employer.

15. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Freelancer as a career is a good option for job struggler/seeker, if anyone want work from home. but as a startup there are need some missense or personal setup for doing online work such as laptop, high speed internet connection. Then you need to check your skill what you can do for freelancer and search some project bid on them with a good proposal.

16. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Freelancing, It is a good platform to provide better job opportunity and make money there are no problem, with time you can complete your job anytime which is suitable to you in regular life you can also do another job, like if you are a student then together you can do some part time work as freelancing.

17. RADHESHYAM GUPTA

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    Yes Freelancer is a good for starting a career, because It has many project . It means you can get easily a project from freelancer based on your skills and knowledge.
    So many Freelance websites are available over world but Freelancer charge more than other Freelance website. I have also started career from freelancer.

18. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    If you can generate a stable income from a website, it will be the best. Freelancing online is just like the day job because you still have to work except that you get to choose where and when to work.

19. VIVEK KUMAR

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I think freelancing either good for student or experience people. The people they have industry experience they can handle any type of project that belongs to their field. It is best for student because student prefer part time job because they have not enough time for full time job.