Fremont's old city hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

taydar

Fremont's old city hall was torn down recently. Gonna be replaced by a grassy knoll. Yay.

Will the opening of Pacific Commons (a new mall near 880 and Auto Mall Pkwy) bring new life to Fremont? Doubtful. The mall will have Costco, Kohls, In-n-Out and some other youth unfriendly businesses. In-n-Out will probably be the most youth friendly, but what kind of youth goes to In-n-Out to hang out?? Without movie theaters, what's the point? Pacific Commons is too close to Great Mall to do any good. Fremont sucks.

How about the nonexistent Fremont downtown? The biggest businesses are Target, Borders and Bed Bath and Beyond. All the other places in the hub kinda suck, except for Coldstones I guess.

What the problem is? The problem is the city council. They're old farts that want to keep Fremont dull, boring, and safe. Not only are they old, they're greedy. Dutra is a big property developer who holds a seat on the city council. His decisions seem to always line his pockets with gold. What an ass.

I've lived in Fremont all my life, so I feel some attachment to this place. Many times I wish I grew up somewhere else. Even Sunnyvale, which rivals Fremont in it's suburbian intensity, is a more exciting place.

Status
Not open for further replies.