Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Experience Full Time Freelancing

Discussion in 'Freelancer Forum' started by Furqan Rashid, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Freelancing means earning money online by using various skills through different websites. The person who earns is a freelancer and the websites which provide platform for online earning are called freelancing websites. I have been in this field since past five year. I am still studying and earning enough to run my study expenditures.
    Most people opt for part time freelancing but I guess Full Time freelancing can be done if you have enough skills. I think freelancing is the best platform for students who can not run there study expenses. There are numerous websites where you can offer your services and get paid safely and securely.
    1. Upwork.com
    2. Freelancer.com
    3. Peopleperhour.com
    4. Hiretheworld.com
    5. Fiverr.com.

Share your experience of freelancing and recommend other websites you know. Thanks

2. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    A few more to name here:

99Designs
    GetaCoder
    Project4hire

They are good platforms as well once you get a hang of them, you are good to go with more & more projects easily.

3. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Hi there!

I would suggest the following sources:

1. Digital Point Forums

This is my number one source for getting freelance tasks in content creation, designing, programming, selling services, etc. I've been here since 2009 and this is where my career started.

2. Warrior Forum

This is also one of the best I've ever seen, but I believe you should pay around $20 to post a thread about your services. But in return, you'll get high quality hungry buyers ready to try on your service.

3. Freelancer

I have tried Freelancer only as a buyer, not a seller. But I strongly believe this is one of the best places for you to get full time freelance work.

4. Fiverr

I have tried this as well, but they only pay you $4 for every $5 gig ordered, $1 is their fee. For me, I would recommend this as your training ground to become a best seller. Some Fiverr sellers are now making a living full time into this.

5. People Per Hour

This is a great Fiverr alternative, but you can set your own price instead of $5 only. I have tried this one as well, not as seller, but as a buyer. I believe you can make a living by going full time here if your service is going well.

4. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Wao.. Some New names here in the list could you please introduce digital point forum and worrior forum... I mean how they works are they like freelancing websites or they have separate rules and policies. I shall really appreciate your help. Actually I am also a freelance Graphic Designer.

5. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    I earned thousands of dollars through Up work, formerly oDesk. So, I would like to recommend that one to join and apply.

6. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Really that's amazing I had been trying to get some projects on Up work since a year but still no success. By the way what were your skills.

7. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    99Designs is awesome for the people having magnificent skills regarding designs and logo. Not only logo designs projects can be earned but WP themes projects are available to complete.

8. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    Digital point and warrior forums are the most popular forums in the Internet. They are just like webmaster serve forums and they have some freelance sections where you find works. Do you want the links to check them out?
    Both forums has large member and posts in database with them and the alexa rank is too great.

9. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    If you could send me the links to their freelance section that would be great. I want to check them out. Do they have jobs for graphic Designers as well.

10. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    Why not search in Google? anyway here are the links, I thought you heard about this forum from digital point forums, may I know how you heard this forum?
    Digital Point
    Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace

11. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    On heard about it from WMS forum. Their was a complete article about earning online from forum but that does not make me as clear.

12. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    I started with working SEO tasks. Completed different jobs of this field, then I moved on to the content writing and still writing.

13. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    I g
    If you don't mind would you like to share the tips about getting projects on those websites. I tried a lot but not succeeded.

14. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    There are a lot of opportunities for those who would like to take on some online jobs but they have to have the skills in order to keep up with the competition. Unsolicited advice for the beginners, try testing the waters first and do part time freelancing and when you have established yourself and somehow built credibility, then you can transition to full time freelancing.

15. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    I am a M.tech student, I have no much time to join company for full time job. Because my college call any time for class so I am not able to join any full time job . I have time but not continues so I work online as a freelancer . In this job there is no time bound so when you want you can complete your task and make money .

16. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    Freelancing also takes up time, especially if you want to earn more. But the good thing about being a freelancer is you are in charge of how you fix your schedule and how you divide your time to the tasks that you need to accomplish.

17. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Full time freelancing is not a bad idea but it needs much more skills through which you should have sufficient project that can engage you and help you to earn a lot.
    But initially choosing it as your career is risky,because first you have to build your knowledge then you can go for it.
    If you got sufficient projects from freelancing sites and earn good amount then full time freelancing is well.

18. justiinn

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    being a freelancer you can choose your time of work and can work without any pressure from your boss.
    full time freelancing is not bad but requires more knowledge and experience. you can easily earn money once you started getting projects. but i think doing work full time on freelancer is not going to benefit you more as compare to working in MNCs.

19. VIVEK KUMAR

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    If you are a freelancer then you have flexibility to convert your part time job into full time and full time into part time. Means you can manage your freelancing job according to your time and need. But in the company it is not possible because most of the company have no concept of part time.