Gamers to be Wooed

Status
Not open for further replies.

imported_John121

Yellow Belt
Legendary film director John Woo currently at work on next-gen game

According to a recent article in Wired magazine, action film wonder-director John Woo, best known for Hard Boiled and Face/Off, is turning his talents to videogames.

As well as specifying a number of directors currently working on games, the article attached Woo's name to an upcoming game named ShadowClan with Tiger Hill Entertainment, the company Woo is co-CEO of.

ShadowClan is scheduled for release in the latter half of 2006 and will therefore presumably be appearing on one or more of the next-gen consoles.

Interestingly, Tiger Hill has some sort of deal in place with Sega, which means the Woo-directed ShadowClan could be published by Sega when it finally comes out.

Other directors reported to be working on games include George A Romero (Dawn of the Dead), John McTiernan (Die Hard), Bryan Singer (The Usual Suspects) and John Singleton (Boyz N The Hood).

------------
I hope this works out for John Woo. Hes a good actor.. But seein him in the Video Game Industry.. Quite hard to do.

Duke

Yellow Belt
I thought John Woo actually worked on a game thats already been released. For the life of me I can't remember the game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.