German government baillng out Opel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Opel, the General Motors unit, has been promised conditional bailout guarantees of as much as €1.8 billion by the German government, more than the initial request made in November, a state official said Friday.
"We have adopted a positive decision," said Joachim Winkler, a spokesman for the Economy Ministry of Rhineland-Palatinate, one of four German states in which Opel has plants. Opel had initially asked for "somewhat more than" €1 billion in government credit guarantees, GM's European chief, Carl-Peter Forster said Nov. 17.

source: iht.com/articles/2009/01/09/business/09opel.php

SenseiDesign

Yellow Belt
well thats good because Opel is doing pretty good the last years you can even call their vehicles cars again :D

In my opinion it would be best if Opel kind if gets rid of this weak american Gm *crap* and is bought by a new Company or starts selling their cars on their own again.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Its seem GM has bought all top European car manufactureres, I was shocked to know they also own Volvo as well.

well thats good because Opel is doing pretty good the last years you can even call their vehicles cars again :D

In my opinion it would be best if Opel kind if gets rid of this weak american Gm *crap* and is bought by a new Company or starts selling their cars on their own again.

SenseiDesign

Yellow Belt
they own to much and the biggest problem with them is they are trying to tell us how to build good cars (what they obviously don't know^^) look at ford it's also a US Company but Ford Europe is nearly able to do what they want and thats why they are not in trouble right now

Status
Not open for further replies.