Getting people to use forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ardenn

Do you think its necessary to advertise forums to get people to use them.  Im beginning to think so.  I have my website, and I get ok traffic.. ~800 unique visitors last month,  up from ~200.  However, none of them are posting on my websites forum.  I really don't advertise on the forum, so could that be the problem?  What do you guys think?

CrazyTech

Yellow Belt
I don't know really, I suppose it depends upon the website and what audience it's trying to address.

In your case, for example, you're attempting to target individuals looking for a job - obviously they're going to be more mature and therefore a little less techincal for the most part meaning they're not as apt to sign up for a forum as a younger individual would although as time passes it's already starting to change. I think in your case prominent website links on your site and a little bit of advertising wouldn't hurt.

You've got to show them that there is a handy little forum for them to use and it's easy to signup and post messages on.

However, in my case with The Daily Patriot, you're looking at a website that is forum based and the audience I receive is more apt to sign up because when they're incoming for the most part they're expecting a forum to be there - and it's the same with many other sites that are more tech oriented or forum based.

A

Ardenn

ok, so I instituted a link of the week type thing.  It appears on every page of my website, and the click though has been pretty good.  Its gotten people to look at the forums, but they havent really started posting.  Any other ideas to get people to look at... AND USE my forums?

G

Guppy

Someone told me on my forums that people look at it and not post because their is really nothing for them to post to.  So that is why i am asking for people to start posting in hope people will post.  Maybe that may help you, lol i don't know

O

ovi

Sometimes the owner of some forums sell advertise space, maybe will be better to buy a space and put there a little banner for your forum...maybe some users will come...but you have to see the cost of the advertise. :)

Ovi

F

favouritelink

Hi Ardenn ,

I added a link to your forum in the favouritelink.com FORUMS categoryhop it helps a little bid!

O

ovi

Hello

Thanks a lot for the link, if you have any good ideea on how to promote our forum let us all know. :)

Thanks

O

ooen

You need to keep posting; you need to recruit people to post in your forum, for example, by participating in post exchange. SERP is actually pretty important. Once you have a bunch of posts and start getting traffic, other people start joining in and posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.