gimp vs. photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

criserb

I never used Gimp and I understand that it is enough good. But I want to ask someone who used both Gimp and Photoshop, which one is better and ofcourse why.

Thanks.

alexandru

Yellow Belt
criserb said:
I never used Gimp and I understand that it is enough good. But I want to ask someone who used both Gimp and Photoshop, which one is better and ofcourse why.

Thanks.
If you had used Google, you'd found tons of pages & threads "Gimp vs. Photoshop".
The bottom line...? Talk is cheap :) go get one and use it yourself, after that you will be the one to have "used both Gimp and Photoshop"... and nomatter what the reast of world will say... you will know which one is... not necesarilly the best, but most suited to you.
All I will say is... Gimp is fun :) See for yourself: http://gug.sunsite.dk/gallery.php

--
Alex
Web Hosting & Domain Names UK
Webmaster Forums
Internet Access Web Hosting

C

criserb

Yep, I understand what you are saying but I need at list an opinion if it worth to start using Linux and after that Gimp. I've told you, I have no idea about Gimp not even about Linux. That's I asked it Gimp is better then PS and it is worth the effort or I can do with PS same think like i would do with Gimp :)

thanks

alexandru

Yellow Belt
criserb said:
Yep, I understand what you are saying but I need at list an opinion if it worth to start using Linux and after that Gimp. I've told you, I have no idea about Gimp not even about Linux. That's I asked it Gimp is better then PS and it is worth the effort or I can do with PS same think like i would do with Gimp :)

thanks
But you don't have to install Linux for using GIMP !! :)
It has a windows version too... :)
If you had taken a look at the link I gave you you needed no more a list of options because that will *show* you waht GIMP can do... and a picture worths a thousand words they say... :)
Just take a look at the pics, and if you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer them afterwars... but I bet the pics will be convincing enough... :p

--
Alex
Web Hosting & Domain Names UK
Webmaster Forums
Internet Access Web Hosting

C

criserb

Ok, Thanks Alex, you had right, the pictures said more then 1000 words

L

L-Man

Cristi,
Look up gimp for windows from Google. You will find laods of link to download it.
It is free and it is useful I'm sure you will enjoy using it. Unfortunately I can't say
anything about photoshop 'cos I've never used it.

O

ovi

Gimp

Alex you became very bad lately...Hmmm...The man has just ask :) Bad Linux user, bad bad...:(
Cristi may I help you in other ways? Use Photoshop if you have a license, use Gimp if you don't want to be disturb by BSA :)

Ovi (the friendly windows user)

alexandru

Yellow Belt
ovi said:
Alex you became very bad lately...Hmmm...The man has just ask :) Bad Linux user, bad bad...:(
Could you details a little bit the above affirmation? In what sense have I became "very bad"... ? Please elnlighten me... :) TIA

Darksat

Yellow Belt
If you have a slower machine GIMP is better, otherwise Photoshop has a slight edge, mainly due to the ease of integration with illustrator, etc

L

L-Man

Darksat said:
If you have a slower machine GIMP is better, otherwise Photoshop has a slight edge, mainly due to the ease of integration with illustrator, etc
If you have a low fund available too, use Gimp

Brianfast

Yellow Belt
Photoshop makes money so they have money to spend on development so photoshop is better but gimp has the best price

John121

Yellow Belt
The only thing I found Gimp useful for was to add scanlines and sun light spots.. :( So I stick with Photoshop

matthewmurcia

White Belt
How easy is it for someone who's not really a web designer at all (i.e. my dad) who has a little knowledge about photoshop, to start using gimp. I told him about it the other day and he is kind of cautious. He's not really sure about all of this open source stuff either :)

Status
Not open for further replies.