Gogole placement - Key Word Rich Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
Hi Everyone,

I could use some advice. I have a domain wholesale-gifts.co.uk that I am trying to place in the top three in google uk for the search term "wholesale gifts" and in google.com for the search term "wholesale gifts uk".

Now, since I have the perfect domain for my targeted search term this shouldnt be so hard should it?

At the moment the domain is placed at #95 in google.com for wholesale gifts uk (its one of the sub pages that ranks at #95 not the home page).

Currently I have nine IBL's shown with googles link: command and 843 IBL's with site explorer.

The domain is a mini site with content and links into our main site.

This is what I am thinking.
1) As it is now the home page placed in the serps I was thinking the the onsite SEO for this page is lacking. I need to work on content relating to the term wholesale gifts.

2) IBL's (In bound Links) - I have been steadily going building links with the anchor text "wholesale gifts uk" pointing to this site. I could use a few high ranking links from relevent pages.

3) OBL's (out Bound Links) - I am only linking to my own sites from this domain and think this could be a problem. I am considering creating a section towards the bottom of the home page linking out to the top 10 sites in google and yahoo for the search term to make my page appear more relevent.

What do you think I should be my priority? How would you go about placing this domain in the serps for my targeted search term?

AS ALWAYS THANKS FOR READING MY RAMBLINGS!

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
I think that the content is important , add a relevant text with as many keywords as possible but be sure that your text is logic and on the subject.

You could start building backlinks , as many as you can. If you still have someone working with you , you can have the person posting in forums in that domain ( wholesale gifts ) - I think that there are forums related to that domain. Ask that person you are working with to set your links in the signature and on the profile page and to post as many articles / replies as possible. It's working more for regional google databases but I think that you may also get some results for it.

The reason I said you should ask that other person to post on those forums is that you are a great webmaster , we need your great posts here :D hehe I'm selfish I now :D

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
Hey Dark,

Thanks for replying to my post. I made a lot of changes to the wholesale-gifts.co.uk website towards the end of last week but G still dosent seem to like it.

When I do a search for wholesale gifts uk in G the first result from my site is on page 10 and its one of the sub pages of the site not the main page.

My thinking is that G dosent like my homepage on this site so I have added & refined stuff. The biggest addition is an outbound linking section towards the bottom and I have tweaked the two paragraphs at the top. I have loads of IBL's and have been submitting to directories using "wholesale gifts uk" as the anchor text.

I think my problem is onsite not off site.
In your opinion what do you think I need to change / improve?

BTW: I had an assistant (Student on placement who also became my girlfriend) for three months who has now left to return to france so I am very much working alone at the moment.

Thanks,

Gareth (ICT Manager - Worldwide Trading).

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
DOH. Since this morning google has an updated version of the W-G(uk) home page. The results pages have changed and my page that was 91 is now 100 and the home page still isnt in the results!

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
Right. I had enough and dumped the home page.
Reason: It just wasnt working.

I have taken a couple of paragraphs from one of my articles and rewritten it a little. All of the products that were on the homepage have gone, as have the catalogues as that just didnt work either. Now I have four paragraphs of text at the top with tags H1-H5 used. This website has 6 pages so I have keep a section and link into each one on the home page and kept my OBL (out bound link section). The right hand menu has had a bit of a chop. I have removed the links into my other websites with the exception of linking into the categories of the shop on my main site.

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
On site : your content looks quite well , many keyword perfectly integrated in the text. I can't figure out why google is not ranking your site better . I had the same matter with a personal site a while ago , but after I got more and more backlinks everything seemed to be okay. Now, the site is no more , because I didn't had the time to administrate it...

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
On site : your content looks quite well , many keyword perfectly integrated in the text. I can't figure out why google is not ranking your site better . I had the same matter with a personal site a while ago , but after I got more and more backlinks everything seemed to be okay. Now, the site is no more , because I didn't had the time to administrate it...
The site is #1 in msn for my phrase wholesale gifts uk and is moving up nicely in yahoo but I just cant crack google. This domain isnt very old so I am starting to think maybe sandbox is to blame. I have tried a few online seo tools to analyse the homepage to see if they come up with any ideas but to no avail. The site perform very well with the tools and has a high keyword relevancy. I have written another article about gifts and giftware and submitted it using the digixmas article submitter to 500+ article directories. I have had some acceptances in the first day and think articles is the way to go for getting links to this site. I have already exhausted my directory lists.

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
I don't think sandbox is to blame. I say you could try to get more and more backlinks. In time your problem will solve by it self.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
DOH. Google has the old copy of my homepage from last week before I made the changes and now its gone supplemental!!!!!

Wholesale Gifts UK
Wholesale Gifts UK a collection by Worldwide Trading Enterprises Ltd a UK Gifts & Giftware Wholesaler and Distributor based in Exeter Devon UK.
wholesale-gifts.co.uk/ - 188k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Any ideas how to get this one back from the grave?

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
I have just checked and google now have the correct version of my site indexed and its come out of suplimental but the homepage still isnt in the top 1000 for the search term wholesale gifts uk. One of my sub pages from this site is still in the top 100 but not the main page. Any suggestions would be apreciated.

Last edited:

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
This is intersting. Google finally has the correct copy of my page indexed. The sub page from my website is now no longer listed in the serps.

I am now at 122 for wholesale gifts uk so after loads of work I have managed to drop in the SERPS... DOH!!!!!

I still think sandbox is to blame as this domain is only about 6 months old.

Does anyone have an old domain they are not using that they could 301 to my http://wholesale-gifts.co.uk/ website as a temporary experiment to see if it lifts it out of sandbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.