My Experience Good datacenters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyTech

Yellow Belt
What are some of the dc's that you've been in that have been good?

Personally, I've been very happy with ThePlanet and NAC. They've both been very good in terms of service. TP has been wonderful in support save one mistake that they quickly fixed. I also don't mind EV1 although I had some support issues with them that they didn't move all too quickly on and cost us some downtime and headaches. I'm back in their dc again and so far they've done good.

Moondancer

Yellow Belt
We've never had a problem with ev1 although I have heard that people seem to have. Sometimes they don't move as quickly as you'd like, lol.. but as with anything else, I think it might be timing or something.

Now I've heard people slamming ev1 in forums and stuff like that but when you research it, it comes down to the customer going about things the wrong way and blaming their problems on someone else. Instead of asking customer support or tech support first, they pop off at the mouth on forums and other places, then expect things to be fixed for them even when it's their fault.

eUK-host

Yellow Belt
Well, there are plenty of data centers services available in the world, however, few of them are the best such as Blue Square Data Center located in Maidenhead. It is the best data center in UK as it is fully equipped with all the state-of-the-art facilities.

C

CMedical

Some people may question why is it that vital and important to have any data center at all? Some people also wonder what exactly is a a data center. Well a data center is a place and a facility that has a large building that has many volumes of electronic equipment, particularly computer equipment and also reams of information that businesses pr personal people need to run websites. There will more than likely be lots of computers and also lots of communication equipment in this particular part of computer data, also they will have a large number of other important parts and components to enable the websites to run extremely smoothly. A data center is essential in terms of your website whether it be personal or a business, especially in the terms of security and maintaining your website effeciently.

meochain

White Belt
Nice post ....Thanks for Sharing

Proper data center builds are critical to any business seeking to reduce overhead and improve operations.

VakDam

Banned
I think a DC is when it provides quality services to their customers around the clock under any circumstances.

pwhjenny

Yellow Belt
A data center is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems. It generally includes redundant or backup power supplies, redundant data communications connections, environmental controls (e.g., air conditioning, fire suppression) and security devices. Data centers have their roots in the huge computer rooms of the early ages of the computing industry. Early computer systems were complex to operate and maintain, and required a special environment in which to operate. Many cables were necessary to connect all the components, and methods to accommodate and organize these were devised, such as standard racks to mount equipment, elevated floors, and cable trays (installed overhead or under the elevated floor). Also, old computers required a great deal of power, and had to be cooled to avoid overheating.

pwhjenny said:
A data center is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems
That's a real nice Wikipedia entry you ctrl +c'd there.

Anywho. I have used a few datacenters to do VPS Hosting with. Currently the 3 we have are Dacentec, VooServers and Altinsoft.

These three we have stuck with for a while because their ticket response times are excellent, also (Dacentec especially) they don't hassle you much and are very relaxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.