Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

News/ Info Google Maps Now Works Offline

Discussion in 'Everything Else Fits Here' started by sunshine, Mar 1, 2016.

1. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Google Maps users be pleased about. The handsome mobile phone app now works offline — and its working well. When you’re on outside areas without mobile signal, or if you are using your mobile phone on “airplane mode” to protect battery time and use up considerably less data, the google map feature still works wonderfully per Global Traveler testing. Google saying its maps, turn-by-turn directions and destination searches will be use-able offline, depends on your cell phone’s GPS capabilities and not on the antenna of the cell. This function is available on both Android and iOS.

2. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    This is an excellent news for me in year 2016. I often cannot use when my Mobile data gets over and also i have noticed it takes a lot of data to show the maps for the location you want to explore. Now, this is really a good news that we can have access it offline as well.

3. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    Nice info, In the past a friend of mine told that we can use Google maps offline, but I am not a fan of android, Iphone. and don't want to install them on my Android.
    If it works offline I would like to install on my tablet, but how much space it required? It is good to search business too while we are in traveling within city also.

4. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    First, you must search for the location on the Google Map. Next, you must go to the offline areas from your menu and tap the plus symbol at the lower right corner and it will prompt you to download the area. You are to drag the square to the area on the map that you want to explore and then tap Download. Once downloaded, you can see the downloaded area in the offline areas of the menu on the top left.

5. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    @Zirkon Kalti I appreciate your valuable comment. Seems to be your reply post have more enriched and valuable stuff rather than my started topic. One more thing, the Google map offline feature works only on the roads, so don’t suppose to be capable to use your mobile phone as a GPS tracker while walking or hiking. Though you have to download and install the map before you drop or turn off service, and these tend to be large files, sometimes a gigabyte or more.