Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My 2 Cents Google Removes Right Hand Side Ads

Discussion in 'Google Adwords' started by dcristo, Feb 25, 2016.

1. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    This is a big change and it has already happened. Instead of being displayed on the right hand side of the page, ads now feature on top of Google's search page.

This may have implications for advertisers it will be interesting to see what happens to CPC prices. It might also impact organic search traffic, since search results will be pushed down the page.

You can read the full story here: Google kills Right Hand Side Ads: what does this mean for marketers and users? | Search Engine Watch

I am surprised no one is talking about this. I think this can have very big SEO implications. If more traffic is directed to Adwords, that means organic search will suffer. What does everyone else think? Obviously, not every search result displays ads, but it's taking place for commercial terms, which is a lot more valuable.

2. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    I find that the ads on top looks like the organic result while the ads on the right side is easy to identify as Google ads. I did a search on Google just now and it seems like they have really removed the right side ads.

3. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Yes removal of right hand side ads was recently implemented on their search page.