google sandbox - how much time

Status
Not open for further replies.

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
How much time does a site stay in google sandbox ? I heard many answers , some say 2 months , some say 6 months. What is the most often met period of time ?

O

OldWelshGuy

Anything up to 12 months. The length depends on what is happening around your site, and the competitiveness of the terms. Sites will get traffic for non competitive terms even when sandboxed. It is just the money phrases that get hit.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
OWG,
Can you post a list of money keywords/key prases here please. I have often hear this term but I know about 3-4 words that are supposed to be money keywords so a list will be very useful
Thanks

S

solidghost

How much time does a site stay in google sandbox ? I heard many answers , some say 2 months , some say 6 months. What is the most often met period of time ?
Mine was out in 3 mths.
Lucky for me.
Suddenly, one fine day, the search results are good.

O

OldWelshGuy

OWG,
Can you post a list of money keywords/key prases here please. I have often hear this term but I know about 3-4 words that are supposed to be money keywords so a list will be very useful
Thanks
The magic list eh LOL I don't know if there is one really, but the hardest industries I have worked in are

Lingerie
Mortgages
Loans
Insurance
Tourism

These are probably the toughest areas apart from PRN & Csino (i will not work on either for moral and legal reasons). I have no problem with PRN, it is just that there is a dark edge to it that is seedy and dangerous, and a lot of the girls involved have been drugged and forced to take part.

To find the magic words though you have to do the spade work. Get the keyword research work going, then investigate the possibilities for earning (adsense and affiliates for example) work out the competitiveness, and get going on it.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for that, not that I am looking for money keywords to build site around, just want to educate myself and possibly visitors to this site :)

O

OldWelshGuy

Thanks for that, not that I am looking for money keywords to build site around, just want to educate myself and possibly visitors to this site :)
I thought you might be which is why I was so vague :D

Lorna

Yellow Belt
How would you know if your site was sandboxed. Also - not wanting to sound too stupid, but how do I find out what my Google rank is?

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
How would you know if your site was sandboxed. Also - not wanting to sound too stupid, but how do I find out what my Google rank is?
Lorna, there is not such thing as stupid question in this forum :) here are some tips:
i. Your site is sandboxed if your site is now showing up for the search terms you have been using to promote it
ii. It does not even show up in SERP (Search Engine Result Page) to its own name.

To find out your site's ranling for a particular keyword you need to do a search for that keyword and find out what page your site appear on, for example when you type the word "temi" in google, my blogs appear on page one, either position 1 or 2 .

I do not think your site is sandboxed. I typed "tickeverybox" into google and your site was both number 1 and number 2 , however that does not prove conclusively that its now sandboxed.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
What makes you think you are sandboxed, I don't think you are at all. I think you site is very very young, it will take a few months for it to get to the top with you desired keywords. You need to do a lot of link building

Lorna

Yellow Belt
What makes you think you are sandboxed, I don't think you are at all. I think you site is very very young, it will take a few months for it to get to the top with you desired keywords. You need to do a lot of link building
Oh I see. Yes I am working on link building at the moment. Using lots of free P.R Sites for press releases and things seems to generate quite a lot of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.