Google to releases iPhone killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Google is to launch its moble phone handset this week, the phone is expected to go head to head with Apple's iPhone. One significant difference between the OS that powers G1 and iPhone is that G1 is open source.

Do you think G1 can dent iPhone sales?

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
Personally I think anything that google is involved in can and will put a dent into whoever is the main competitor. they just have the resources and technology to quickly compete with anyone out there.

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
it is first generation and it already has all the features the other big ones do. New phones will come out after that and this is just the begining of Google's operating system. Clearly they are going after the Windows market and that is coming soon. Just wait and you will see.

tony

Yellow Belt
The Register call this the Satan Phone and they call the iPhone the Jesus Phone - I thought it was funny. T-mobile are going to sell it in the UK and the project to bring it to market was called "Killa" - I wonder why?

aathuls

Yellow Belt
Google is not making the phones, just working to develop the Android operating system that manufacturers will install.

tony

Yellow Belt
The first phone to market is made by HTC these are also known as MDAs on the O2 network. I have an HTC Touch with a Windows mobile operating system - the build quality is not great to be honest

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
Google is not making the phones, just working to develop the Android operating system that manufacturers will install.
right, but getting into phones with the operating system is just another business that they will get into and conquer. they dont do anything half assed and are always innovating.

lovekissing

White Belt
i personally believe that this will not compete each others product for the sense that the products are created for different purposes...

jaibin

Yellow Belt
Google's phone has built-in compass, which displays a 360-degree Google Street view based on location. Also it support for Gmail and YouTube videos. It will compete Apple's 3G iphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.