Google+ Vs Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafsoh

Yellow Belt
Google's Facebook competitor Google+ is a social network for friends, family and others to connect to these people, just like Facebook.

Google+ focuses on a feed of updates,just like Facebook Wall, people place their contacts into "Circles" just as similar to that of Facebook's "Groups".

Most of us are Facebook addicted, but with Google+ is here with its advantages, in your own opinion which is better Google+ or Facebook?

victor128

White Belt
I thought that Google+ is better than Facebook in certain niche. Google+ let us easily drag friends into different Circles and share messages only to certain circles. But now Facebook has the same feature.

Google+ "hangouts" let us have video chat with friends. This could potentially be used as video conference tool.

Google+ games: They don't have that many games up there right now. But we won't get plenty of invites to join games.

One feature that I like a lot is that they let you share your Google doc. I can see marketers using this tool to share live update eBooks like the one that Robert Kiyosaki used.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Fingers crossed, lets see if your prediction about marketers using google doc etc attracts members to Google Plus, I personally I am not that keen about it just yet, its a bit more complicated to use.

I thought that Google+ is better than Facebook in certain niche. Google+ let us easily drag friends into different Circles and share messages only to certain circles. But now Facebook has the same feature.

Google+ "hangouts" let us have video chat with friends. This could potentially be used as video conference tool.

Google+ games: They don't have that many games up there right now. But we won't get plenty of invites to join games.

One feature that I like a lot is that they let you share your Google doc. I can see marketers using this tool to share live update eBooks like the one that Robert Kiyosaki used.

David101

White Belt
Facebook have much featured then Google plus and a big source for number of visitors to other websites as a referring site.

C Rebecca

Yellow Belt
With ‘Wave’ and ‘Buzz’ having fizzled, and with Google’s engineers calling it “a pathetic afterthought’
[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/12/google-engineer-trashes-g_n_1007248.html[/URL]
it’s difficult to expect something ground-breaking. The only notable exception is ‘circles’. On the whole, Google plus doesn’t offer something extraordinarily brilliant (as comparison to Facebook) to convince people to switch to it.

But I find the plus 1 feature ( “public stamp of approval” on Google search results) to be incredible.

Phil Comforthost

Yellow Belt
But I find the plus 1 feature ( “public stamp of approval” on Google search results) to be incredible.
I think this is going to be it's best feature, simple as it seems. And the more you +1 the more your search results are personalised, and personalised search results are the future... for now!

F

fastreplies

I think this is going to be it's best feature, simple as it seems. And the more you +1 the more your search results are personalised, and personalised search results are the future... for now!
I don't believe +1 will do anything for you but boost your self-esteem the same way PR does as far as SEO concern simply because a) Google said so, b) logic said so.

Google smart enough to realize that if they give any value to +1, then tomorrow Internet will turn into cottage industry and people start buying and selling +1 the same way they do with backlinks and that is least thing G. would want to happen.

:smoking:

fastreplies

Phil Comforthost

Yellow Belt
I don't believe +1 will do anything for you but boost your self-esteem the same way PR does as far as SEO concern simply because a) Google said so, b) logic said so.
But it's not supposed to do anything for you - it affects (personalizes) the search results of the people who +1 your site. You know this because then you go on to say...

Google smart enough to realize that if they give any value to +1, then tomorrow Internet will turn into cottage industry and people start buying and selling +1 the same way they do with backlinks and that is least thing G. would want to happen.
That is what is GOOD about it. I imagine SEO experts won't like it because it will conflict with their 'methods' but for all the normal users of the internet it is quite a promising tool for clearing away some of the rubbish content out there on the internet.

F

fastreplies

But it's not supposed to do anything for you - it affects (personalizes) the search results of the people who +1 your site. You know this because then you go on to say...
I'm talking about people who are yapping about how +1 will help them to boost their SERP because they believe +1 somehow can be used for SEO purposes.

And again, by design +1 is nothing more but gimmick to boost site owner's self-esteem.

fastreplies

C Rebecca

Yellow Belt
I'm talking about people who are yapping about how +1 will help them to boost their SERP because they believe +1 somehow can be used for SEO purposes.

And again, by design +1 is nothing more but gimmick to boost site owner's self-esteem.

fastreplies
“The cleverest will always be able to find ways of abusing any quality signal in the search for ranking success. Inevitably such tactics will be temporary loopholes that Google will close off progressively so won’t be something we will spend too much time worrying about.”
[url]http://www.attacat.co.uk/brain/why-google-1-will-be-difficult-to-abuse#axzz1bUEB0jsp[/URL]

vinith98

Yellow Belt
No doubt, Facebook is still the undisputed leader here. There's nothing wrong with Google Plus but I think it needs some more time to grow, also add to that its a Google product, they will do whatever possible to make it popular.

frozen

White Belt
hi..............
Google+ is new but i think it is much better than Facebook and it increases its use more rapidly in nearer future. People will like it causing of its versatility........

dsf

Yellow Belt
Since google+ is kind of new it might have some disadvantage to facebook where people are already used to what should be done etc, but for sure it will come to a point when at least as many people will be using g+ as today's facebook fans.

conall

White Belt
hi.......
Google+ is the new Social Networking Service operated by Google.Google+ is new but i think it is much better than facebook.

In facebook has much tools as compare to the Facebook. In google+ there are not much games as well as application options but in facebook it has.

Last edited by a moderator:

White Belt
Google's Facebook competitor Google+ is a social network for friends, family and others to connect to these people, just like Facebook.

Google+ focuses on a feed of updates,just like Facebook Wall, people place their contacts into "Circles" just as similar to that of Facebook's "Groups".

Most of us are Facebook addicted, but with Google+ is here with its advantages, in your own opinion which is better Google+ or Facebook?
Facebook is better but Google+ also becoming so popular as well as Facebook.
I think and believe that Google+ will be more popular in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.