Green Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony

Yellow Belt
i was reading about Iceland the other day and the fact that all their power is renewable - apart from the diesel and petrol for vehicles. Wouldn't it be great to host your servers in Iceland and tell your customers that the energy is renewable, non of the cardon offsetting BS really renewable. I see if I can find any hosts there and report back shortly. What are the issues with doing this I wonder?

tony

Yellow Belt
edal dot net is one, but the performance is not great. I guess they don't have great connectivity to the Internet.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Do you run a hosting company Tony?

i was reading about Iceland the other day and the fact that all their power is renewable - apart from the diesel and petrol for vehicles. Wouldn't it be great to host your servers in Iceland and tell your customers that the energy is renewable, non of the cardon offsetting BS really renewable. I see if I can find any hosts there and report back shortly. What are the issues with doing this I wonder?

tony

Yellow Belt
No but I am half thinking about getting a reseller account in Iceland. I think it would be a great USP.

Status
Not open for further replies.